+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move family from Oz to Canada - where to start?

MandSTE

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,
My husband (Australian citizen) and I (Australian PR, German citizen) would like to move to either Alberta or Saskatchewan with our children to be a bit closer to home.
My husbands background is in welding/fabrication and machinery operations (No formal education or certificates but 15+ years experience) I work as admin/payroll officer in Queensland.
Does anyone have experience moving with young children from Oz to Canada, and where would be the best point to start?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
My husband (Australian citizen) and I (Australian PR, German citizen) would like to move to either Alberta or Saskatchewan with our children to be a bit closer to home.
My husbands background is in welding/fabrication and machinery operations (No formal education or certificates but 15+ years experience) I work as admin/payroll officer in Queensland.
Does anyone have experience moving with young children from Oz to Canada, and where would be the best point to start?

Thank you!
Hi

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, chanuck_in_uk!
There is also this sentence i found on Visa Place.com
"Canada allows Australian citizens to travel freely throughout Canada. Thus, many Australians simply enter the country, find a job, and then start the visa application process."

Has anyone
Very bad advice. It is next to impossible for anyone to come to Canada as a visitor, find a job and apply for immigration. There are strict requirements for employers to be able to hire foreign workers.