+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move back to Canada and plan to apply citizenship

leoowen19

May 4, 2014
A bit info of me:
1. Chinese national and Canadian PR holder since Dec 2015.
2. Started to work in US from Nov 2017 on H1b and kept traveling to Canada and back to US around 200 days during weekends/holidays since then.
3. After calculation, I need to stay around another 4 months to qualify the requirement for citizenship application.

I posted a question asking the possibility of getting the citizenship. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/non-tax-resident-applies-for-citizenship.691472/

My major concern is I have been filing non tax resident in Canada since working in US. but it seems they only calculated the Physical presence.

After applying to work from Canada in 4 months, I drove back to Canada on Saturday and plan to stay for another 4 months and file my citizenship application.

Will keep posting to let you know how it turns out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A bit info of me:
1. Chinese national and Canadian PR holder since Dec 2015.
2. Started to work in US from Nov 2017 on H1b and kept traveling to Canada and back to US around 200 days during weekends/holidays since then.
3. After calculation, I need to stay around another 4 months to qualify the requirement for citizenship application.

I posted a question asking the possibility of getting the citizenship. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/non-tax-resident-applies-for-citizenship.691472/

My major concern is I have been filing non tax resident in Canada since working in US. but it seems they only calculated the Physical presence.

After applying to work from Canada in 4 months, I drove back to Canada on Saturday and plan to stay for another 4 months and file my citizenship application.

Will keep posting to let you know how it turns out.
You mentioned that your wife was still living in Canada so assume you mean you have been filing as a resident for tax purposes.