+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mothers visit Visa

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hi all

I am a very new PR holder and I want my mother to come to canada to attend a family function at my inlaws place and also travel in and around Canada with her.

But since I am new I dont have a job or house yet in canada , so I cant invite my mother . However I have requested my sister in law (a Canadian citizen) to send the letter of invite for my mother.

My mothers Visa got rejected the first time stating her purpose of visit is unclear.

I have asked my mother to re apply the second time.

Can someone guide me as to what could be the reason for her Visa rejection?.

1. My mother attached her property deeds in her home country.

2. She submitted her spouses ( my fathers) bank statements

3. She submitted her visas ( uk. Australia and Dubai)

4. She has never overstayed in the places she visited.

5. She has strong travel history too

I hope someone can guide us here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all

I am a very new PR holder and I want my mother to come to canada to attend a family function at my inlaws place and also travel in and around Canada with her.

But since I am new I dont have a job or house yet in canada , so I cant invite my mother . However I have requested my sister in law (a Canadian citizen) to send the letter of invite for my mother.

My mothers Visa got rejected the first time stating her purpose of visit is unclear.

How long a trip did she request?

Is she employed?

How much in funds did the bank statement sow?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi all

It is not clear what her reason of visit is. Based on items 1 to 5, I don't see how that explains her reasons

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
How long a trip did she request?

Is she employed? - *NO*

How much in funds did the bank statement sow?
- 5000 dollars

Because her trip duration is just for one month

Plus she will be staying in my sister in Laws house so no expenses like hotel or conveyance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- 5000 dollars

Because her trip duration is just for one month

Plus she will be staying in my sister in Laws house so no expenses like hotel or conveyance
$5000 is low. I would recommend she hold off applying again until your parents are able to increase their savings. While she may be staying with family while in Canada, IRCC wants to see that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover all costs related to the trip on their own.

Since both you and your brother (?) both have PR, IRCC may be concerned your mother has plans to remain in Canada long term. Because you only recently landed, it would probably be a good idea for your mother to wait a few months before applying again and then request a two week trip only.

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
1. How much money should one show then?

2. And although I am a new PR holder my mothers visit visa was rejected a month ago... even before I did my landing ( when I wasnt still a PR yet )

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. How much money should one show then?

2. And although I am a new PR holder my mothers visit visa was rejected a month ago... even before I did my landing ( when I wasnt still a PR yet )
1. I would wait until they have saved up $10K
2. IRCC most likely would have seen from their records that you had a COPR and may have been concerned you had plans to bring your mother with you to Canada (i.e. have her come here long term).

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
1. I would wait until they have saved up $10K- *hmmm ok*
2. IRCC most likely would have seen from their records that you had a COPR and may have been concerned you had plans to bring your mother with you to Canada (i.e. have her come here long term).
- about this I wonder how they matched my records to my mothers considering none of my details say passport info was mentioned in my mothers Visa application to cross match

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Reason for visit is she attending a family function ( my inlaws function ) alongside touring Canada too
How does property deed explain her reason of visit?

How does her spouse bank statement explain her reason of visit?

How does her past visas to other countries explain her reason of visit?

How does her strong travel history explain her reason of visit?

You're not providing supporting documents for her purpose of visit, but you're just throwing together some arbitrary documents together. How would the visa officers understand?

Last edited:

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
How does property deed explain her reason of visit?-

as per checklist it was asked for her to submit her assets or letter of employment or anything that ties her to her home country hence..it was attached

How does her spouse bank statement explain her reason of visit?-

it was asked are u financially dependent on someone pls submit their last 3 months bank statements.. hence

How does her past visas to other countries explain her reason of visit?-

it was asked pls mention ur last 5 years of travel history in the field travel history that appeared in her doc checklist

How does her strong travel cost explain her reason of visit?-

I am afraid I didnt understand this travel cost part... I had mentioned earlier she has a strong travel history and is not someone who abuses her visa by over staying anywhere in her prev countries of visits

You're not providing supporting documents for her purpose of visit, but you're just throwing together some arbitrary documents together. How would the visa officers understand?-

these are the very questions the visa doc checklist had effected
.. in the first place

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
How does property deed explain her reason of visit?

How does her spouse bank statement explain her reason of visit?

How does her past visas to other countries explain her reason of visit?

How does her strong travel cost explain her reason of visit?

You're not providing supporting documents for her purpose of visit, but you're just throwing together some arbitrary documents together. How would the visa officers understand?
Might I ask if there is anything else thats expected to be mentioned or attached?? In the visa application ... she has attached whatever the checklist had asked her to that's it

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Might I ask if there is anything else thats expected to be mentioned or attached?? In the visa application ... she has attached whatever the checklist had asked her to that's it
She was not given a visitor visa simply because her reason or purpose of visit was unclear. None of those reasons you pointed out serves as supporting documents to show what her purpose of visit is.

Was she denied based on financial assets? No.

Was she denied based on home family ties? No.

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
She was not given a visitor visa simply because her reason or purpose of visit was unclear. None of those reasons you pointed out serves as supporting documents to show what her purpose of visit is.

Was she denied based on financial assets? No. ( I donno - they explicitly didnt mention ur Visa is rejected due to this )

Was she denied based on home family ties? No.
( dont know again)

It was mentioned in her rejected letter that

-Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee. Sincerely, CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region