+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's D.O.B incorrect in prior applications to Canada

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hello,

I am a PR now in canada, in the past I had couple of applications to Canada, for my work permit. In all my applications, I made a mistake in DOB for my mother. instead of 05/25 i had it entered as 05/20. I noticed this after she got her passport until recently.

Also there is mistake in sibling given name, like if her legal name is XXXXX i gave it as 'XXXXX KUMAR'. we used to call her , so i assumed thats how its entered in passport. Even my name is similar, has Kumar in given name.

Now, i want to apply trv for my parents, but before that wanted to know how to correct these records in my application as they would have already closed. I am worried little about impacts of this to me. I have attached LOE's to rectify minor errors like job titles etc errors in the past, it feels like i discover something like this always and end up writing loe and, I become anxious. Please pardon me, I have reviewed my PR application many times to avoid mistakes, yet I ended up with one.

Could you please guide me here? what my next steps should be. What kind of explanation I should give to rectify this and will there be problem to me? should i do a webform or correct it in parents trv?

Thank you,

@scylla @legalfalcon