+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother received a procedural fairness letter

toronto287

Sep 28, 2022
My mother and I applied for permanent residency almost 2 years ago. We attended an interview about 2 weeks ago and my mother received a PFL (procedural fairness letter) today and I didn’t. Letter says “I am not satisfied that you are eligible as per A16 and A96, and I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible to Canada.” Should I be worried about my application too? What are the chances of her getting approved if we talk to an immigration lawyer? Thanks in advance!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My mother and I applied for permanent residency almost 2 years ago. We attended an interview about 2 weeks ago and my mother received a PFL (procedural fairness letter) today and I didn’t. Letter says “I am not satisfied that you are eligible as per A16 and A96, and I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible to Canada.” Should I be worried about my application too? What are the chances of her getting approved if we talk to an immigration lawyer? Thanks in advance!
If you are PP, then you are not... but your mother is. Is your Mother a protected person, or does both of you are? whats a scenario here?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
What happened to you? Did you hear the application for PR? what happened? Still failed to apply for PR? Please say some details!

toronto287

Sep 28, 2022
Are you a dependent on your mother's PR application. Please give more details so people can advice
Me and my mother have separate applications, I’m over the age of 18 and it’s only me and her, she’s in her mid to late 60’s. We were fully truthful in the interview. The migration officer stated they had “credibility concerns” in the PFL. Is there hope anymore? We are extremely devastated.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Me and my mother have separate applications, I’m over the age of 18 and it’s only me and her, she’s in her mid to late 60’s. We were fully truthful in the interview. The migration officer stated they had “credibility concerns” in the PFL. Is there hope anymore? We are extremely devastated.
Your application here is not applying for PR, right? I think you are talking about the asylum application trial stage, right?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Nope, It is about applying for PR. We were sponsored by a church
It turns out that it is a refugee guaranteed by the government and social organizations, and it is estimated that it has its own review standards. It is not clear here. I wish you good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What were the grounds for your asylum case? What about your mother’s.