+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother-In-Law Visitor Visa rejected

Dharmesh0237

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,

My parent's visa application was refused today on these grounds:

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). I showed my parent's assets, properties, and bank account balances which had a good enough balance. around 25 lacs in INR.

• You have significant family ties in Canada. I am their only child, they have family back in India but it is an extended family, are parents of single children not allowed a visa??!

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. I stated that they are coming to meet me, their son in law and their grandson and also travel to Banff, Quebec, and see a few places in Toronto

what should I do now? Should I hire an agent to help me out here? I am feeling completely hopeless and don't know how else I can solve this problem.
Some of the people said they applied as a REPRESENTATIVE once their family members' application was rejected. How is that done? do you think it would help? Please help me out here.
Hi,

I got the same reason for my parents also though we had enough funds.
if you find any way to resolve this issue please let me know here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My parent's visa application was refused today on these grounds:

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). I showed my parent's assets, properties, and bank account balances which had a good enough balance. around 25 lacs in INR.

• You have significant family ties in Canada. I am their only child, they have family back in India but it is an extended family, are parents of single children not allowed a visa??!

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. I stated that they are coming to meet me, their son in law and their grandson and also travel to Banff, Quebec, and see a few places in Toronto

what should I do now? Should I hire an agent to help me out here? I am feeling completely hopeless and don't know how else I can solve this problem.
Some of the people said they applied as a REPRESENTATIVE once their family members' application was rejected. How is that done? do you think it would help? Please help me out here.
How long have you lived in Canada? How long did they ask to visit? Visiting Banff, Toronto and Quebec would imply a long stay. Are their savings liquid? Do they own a home? What other reason have you specified that ensures they will return home? Have they travelled abroad before and where? What reason did you specify for visiting? Was there any mention of caring for or watching your child?

Would suggest ordering GCMS notes for hopefully more information when it comes to the refusal before considering hiring an agent. In general there is no need to hire an agent. They can’t guarantee a higher approval rate.