+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother-In-Law Visitor Visa rejected

Agora0810

Jan 25, 2023
Hi All,

Today we received a Rejection for my Mother-in-Law, we had added all the required documents like Invitation Letter(Primary her Daughter), Cover Letter(Explaining about purpose of visit), Bank funds proof (FDs, Savings account statement Almost 18k CAD)

They gave the below reason

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I had given purpose of visit as to meet her first grandchild as we recently had a baby

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)
We had shown 18k CAD funds

Any help on what to do when filing again, should we wait for some time before filing again and Should we go with any Agent.
I have had similar rejections regarding my sibling. I do not believe that it matters what you do next time, as the application will always fall out of the system because of this rejection. This rejection will be used against her the next time she applies. My brother has been dealing with this since 2013.
I am thinking of a legal approach and I am looking for a lawyer to help me with this issue.

Agora0810

Jan 25, 2023
The fact that you are on a WP makes a difference. Were you both working before you had a baby? There could be concerns that she will become the caregiver so your wife can work. when do your WPs end? Did your mother save these funds on her own or did the savings come from her children? She must be able to show she can afford to support all her travels even if you end up paying in the end. Are your parents visiting as well.
I am a citizen of Canada and my brother's application has been rejected three times, despite the fact that my spouse and I both work for the government and make enough money to support him for three weeks. He also has a business of his own and has three children and works as a full-time teacher.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a citizen of Canada and my brother's application has been rejected three times, despite the fact that my spouse and I both work for the government and make enough money to support him for three weeks. He also has a business of his own and has three children and works as a full-time teacher.
What were reasons for rejection? Three times is a lot. Your being a citizen, having the funds and government jobs is not relevant to his application. Your brother shows his own funds with his own personal bank accounts. Assume he applied on his own.

Agora0810

Jan 25, 2023
What were reasons for rejection? Three times is a lot. Your being a citizen, having the funds and government jobs is not relevant to his application. Your brother shows his own funds with his own personal bank accounts. Assume he applied on his own.
I mentioned the government jobs to show that between us we make enough funds to support someone visiting for three weeks.
They rejected his application because he has no history of traveling. His business is doing very well! We submitted his bank statements And I applied on his behalf and provided our financial statements as well as his return ticket already paid for .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mentioned the government jobs to show that between us we make enough funds to support someone visiting for three weeks.
They rejected his application because he has no history of traveling. His business is doing very well! We submitted his bank statements And I applied on his behalf and provided our financial statements as well as his return ticket already paid for .
Your job and financial statements are irrelevant. Approval is based on the strength of his profile - travel history, his own funds and ties to home country. Nothing to do with you. In fact, showing you are supporting his visit weakens his profile. IRCC sites states not to buy ticket until approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What country are they from? Conditions in that country will certainly make a difference. A business doing well is not enough. His salary from the business has to be good. Only his personal accounts matter not his business accounts because business savings are not meant for personal use. Did any family member apply for asylum? H&C? Is he the only sibling in your home country? Do you have other siblings and do they also live abroad? Is your mother in Canada? What is her status? Is your father deceased?

Your financial status has minimal impact on his applications because families fight and then refuse to pay for their family’s stay in Canada or return flight which becomes extremely problematic if the person doesn’t have the funds to support themselves. These types of scenarios have happened which is why proof of the travellers savings is usually required.

Agora0810

Jan 25, 2023
What country are they from? Conditions in that country will certainly make a difference. A business doing well is not enough. His salary from the business has to be good. Only his personal accounts matter not his business accounts because business savings are not meant for personal use. Did any family member apply for asylum? H&C? Is he the only sibling in your home country? Do you have other siblings and do they also live abroad? Is your mother in Canada? What is her status? Is your father deceased?

Your financial status has minimal impact on his applications because families fight and then refuse to pay for their family’s stay in Canada or return flight which becomes extremely problematic if the person doesn’t have the funds to support themselves. These types of scenarios have happened which is why proof of the travellers savings is usually required.
I find it strange because people from Mexico, a dangerous and unstable country, are not subjected to any of this. They simply need a return ticket and everything to drive to the airport, where they can apply for an eTA. Far too many people here are making excuses for the inhumane approach towards people from "certain countries."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I find it strange because people from Mexico, a dangerous and unstable country, are not subjected to any of this. They simply need a return ticket and everything to drive to the airport, where they can apply for an eTA. Far too many people here are making excuses for the inhumane approach towards people from "certain countries."
That primarily has to do with the fact that Canada is part of a major trade relationship with Mexico. I would watch for tightening of the rules because too many Mexicans are using Canada to enter the US illegally. Whether a country requires a TRV has very little to do whether it is dangerous and more to do with people staying illegally in Canada or claiming asylum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If for example you were a citizen of Lebanon there would be huge concerns that you have no intention of returning home to Lebanon if you are able to enter Canada. Most leaving Lebanon for other countries have no plans on returning to Lebanon unless the situation changes dramatically. The same could be said for Argentina where inflation is out of control as well. It isn’t just about danger in a country. The situation in someone’s country has a major impact on whether a person is granted a TRV because one is expected to return home on a TRV.

Gagan_

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi All,

Today we received a Rejection for my Mother-in-Law, we had added all the required documents like Invitation Letter(Primary her Daughter), Cover Letter(Explaining about purpose of visit), Bank funds proof (FDs, Savings account statement Almost 18k CAD)

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I had given purpose of visit as to meet her first grandchild as we recently had a baby

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)

Any help on what to do when filing again, should we wait for some time before filing again and Should we go with any Agent.
If you are PR or citizen you should always go with Super visa (meant specially for parents). You can apply again with strong detailed invitation letter stating her ties back in home country with clear purpose of visit , show CA evaluation reports including all movable and immovable assets , Bank certificates

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are PR or citizen you should always go with Super visa (meant specially for parents). You can apply again with strong detailed invitation letter stating her ties back in home country with clear purpose of visit , show CA evaluation reports including all movable and immovable assets , Bank certificates
Many don’t qualify or only qualify after over a year in Canada.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
Hi , Questions for everyone
I applied for my mother in law's Visitor Visa WITHIN Canada as she is currently in with current visa expiry June 2023,
We specifically filled up the Visitor Visa forms along with the Right fees , NOT for Visitor Record to extend her stay, CIC gave her visitor Record for 1 year till jan 2024 and request for medical , I have tried calling CIC but as usual Cannot connect to anyone, can anyone shed some light why did they do that or was it an Error on their end.

TIA

Dharmesh0237

Feb 24, 2021
Hi All,

Hello,

did you re-apply visa.
? If yes, then what changes you have made.

would you please let me know as i have same issue for my parents although we have enough funds around CAD 76000 ( 45lacs INR).

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My parent's visa application was refused today on these grounds:

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). I showed my parent's assets, properties, and bank account balances which had a good enough balance. around 25 lacs in INR.

• You have significant family ties in Canada. I am their only child, they have family back in India but it is an extended family, are parents of single children not allowed a visa??!

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. I stated that they are coming to meet me, their son in law and their grandson and also travel to Banff, Quebec, and see a few places in Toronto

what should I do now? Should I hire an agent to help me out here? I am feeling completely hopeless and don't know how else I can solve this problem.
Some of the people said they applied as a REPRESENTATIVE once their family members' application was rejected. How is that done? do you think it would help? Please help me out here.