+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother-In-Law Visitor Visa rejected

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi All,

Today we received a Rejection for my Mother-in-Law, we had added all the required documents like Invitation Letter(Primary her Daughter), Cover Letter(Explaining about purpose of visit), Bank funds proof (FDs, Savings account statement Almost 18k CAD)

They gave the below reason

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I had given purpose of visit as to meet her first grandchild as we recently had a baby

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)
We had shown 18k CAD funds

Any help on what to do when filing again, should we wait for some time before filing again and Should we go with any Agent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Today we received a Rejection for my Mother-in-Law, we had added all the required documents like Invitation Letter(Primary her Daughter), Cover Letter(Explaining about purpose of visit), Bank funds proof (FDs, Savings account statement Almost 18k CAD)

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I had given purpose of visit as to meet her first grandchild as we recently had a baby

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)

Any help on what to do when filing again, should we wait for some time before filing again and Should we go with any Agent.
- How long a trip did she request?
- How much did she show in her own funds?
- What proof of ties to her home country did she include?
- What did you state as the purpose of the visit?

Reactions: Naturgrl

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi All,

When I applied for TRV for my parent in April this year, I had only shown the FD in their name and income tax filing for the past 3 years. The application was rejected.

In July, I re-applied with property details that is their name, copy of Pension book, 6 months bank statements along with the already mentioned docs. This time they approved the application. If the parent has immovable properties in their name and close family members back home such as spouse, child etc., the chances of approval of the application is higher.

Last edited:

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
- How long a trip did she request?
- How much did she show in her own funds?
- What proof of ties to her home country did she include?
- What did you state as the purpose of the visit?
We requested for 3 weeks
We had shown close to 18k CAD based on conversion from INR to CAD in her own accounts
Proof we had mentioned about her 2 childrens living in India, Property document we didn't attach as it was in a non english language
Purpose of visit was to meet her daughter and her baby something around it we had mentioned in detail

she doesn't have any pension or any big source of income she just has one rental shop

Should we attach documents as proof which are completely in non-english?
What else can be the purpose of visit as she was mainly coming to visit us for few weeks

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
When I applied for TRV for my parent in April this year, I had only shown the FD in their name and income tax filing for the past 3 years. The application was rejected.

In July, I re-applied with property details that is their name, copy of Pension book, 6 months bank statements along with the already mentioned docs. This time they approved the application. If the parent has immovable properties in their name and close family members back home such as spouse, child etc., the chances of approval of the application is higher.
Thanks thats hopeful and will surely make a note of this

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Are you eligible for a supervisa if she doesn’t have enough funds?
It's regular visitor visa only as we are here on a work permit and we had shown her own funds and in the invitation letter also mentioned we will support her for everything if required

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We requested for 3 weeks
We had shown close to 18k CAD based on conversion from INR to CAD in her own accounts
Proof we had mentioned about her 2 childrens living in India, Property document we didn't attach as it was in a non english language
Purpose of visit was to meet her daughter and her baby something around it we had mentioned in detail

she doesn't have any pension or any big source of income she just has one rental shop

What else can be the purpose of visit as she was mainly coming to visit us for few weeks
Your wife had a baby so the invitation mentioned that in detail. Did you use the words - help or take care of? The letter may have been worded to seem she is coming to work by helping your wife. IRCC would be concerned that she is not coming for short visit.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
The language around this matters a lot. What did you exactly write? If you wrote something on the lines of, she is visiting to help you out etc. that generally leads to rejection.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We requested for 3 weeks

The fact that you are on a WP makes a difference. Were you both working before you had a baby? There could be concerns that she will become the caregiver so your wife can work. when do your WPs end? Did your mother save these funds on her own or did the savings come from her children? She must be able to show she can afford to support all her travels even if you end up paying in the end. Are your parents visiting as well.

Reactions: Naturgrl

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I have some questions that may be related to this thread.

At the beginning of this year (I was a student and my wife was on SOWP) I applied for my parent's visitor visa. They both have a vast travel history, including current and past US visitor visas and many trips to the US and Europe. They got approved within 3 weeks and came to visit us for 2 weeks in June.

Now I'm on a PGWP, my wife is waiting for her SOWP extension. We are both working. We want to submit a visitor visa application for my parents-in-law. I was planning on me being the one inviting them as my wife is still on maintained status and her SOWP extension will probably be approved around Jan-Feb of next year.

Does it make sense to be me the one inviting them or should wait for my wife's SOWP to be approved to submit the visitor visa applications?

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I have some questions that may be related to this thread.

At the beginning of this year (I was a student and my wife was on SOWP) I applied for my parent's visitor visa. They both have a vast travel history, including current and past US visitor visas and many trips to the US and Europe. They got approved within 3 weeks and came to visit us for 2 weeks in June.

Now I'm on a PGWP, my wife is waiting for her SOWP extension. We are both working. We want to submit a visitor visa application for my parents-in-law. I was planning on me being the one inviting them as my wife is still on maintained status and her SOWP extension will probably be approved around Jan-Feb of next year.

Does it make sense to be me the one inviting them or should wait for my wife's SOWP to be approved to submit the visitor visa applications?
You can try as long as your spouse co-sign the documents.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you so much, your post encouraged me after first refusal. Is it possible to share the letter of explanation via email abncanada1@gmail.com?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Did you apply again as VV and whats the update?