+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother disabled. Is that a strong tie in India?

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
My cousin will be applying for visitor visa in summer 2020.
He is 40 and unmarried. Have a traveling business. And live with his mother who is disabled (wheelchair).
Can he submit his mother medical report suggesting he is the only caretaker of her? Is that considered a strong tie in India? If yes, does he need fresh medical report from a known hospital?
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If she is disabled and needs his care, how does he have a travelling business? Or do you mean he's a travel agent?

This will be a question a visa officer asks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He is 40 and unmarried. Have a traveling business. And live with his mother who is disabled (wheelchair).
Can he submit his mother medical report suggesting he is the only caretaker of her? Is that considered a strong tie in India? If yes, does he need fresh medical report from a known hospital?
Thanks
It is a suggestion or is it the truth? If it's a suggestion, that is misrepresentation. If it's the truth, who will care for his mother while he is gone?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thanks
If he is the only caretaker for her, I don't see how he can visit Canada.

Reactions: k.h.p.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
My cousin have multiple vehicles to transport passengers and transport goods. Thats his business. He is away during the day and back in the evening. They also have a maid who take care of household during day for couple hours.

His sister will look after the mother while he is away. She is married and have kids and live with husband.

Is that a strong tie or better not mention it in application?
Thanks guys

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
My cousin have multiple vehicles to transport passengers and transport goods. Thats his business. He is away during the day and back in the evening. They also have a maid who take care of household during day for couple hours.

His sister will look after the mother while he is away. She is married and have kids and live with husband.

Is that a strong tie or better not mention it in application?
Thanks guys
So he is not the only caretaker then

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
He is. Until he leaves for Canada for 3 weeks.

Sister cant look after her 24/7 because she have her own household. She could pass by occasionally. The maid does cooking and cleaning for 3-4 hours. The rest of the time is him.
I am just wondering if it’s worth mentioning about mom condition?
If it’s considered as strong tie under family situation?
Thanks

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would say no as he is away during the day, so he isn't looking after her then. Along with the fact the sister can look after her, so it is not a good tie. If he says he is the only caretaker it will be misrepresentation. So not a good idea.