+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother coming to Canada, reason to give

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
Hi All,
My mother is travelling to Canada in beginning of April for 6 months. what reason she should give to immigration officer for her visit during pandemic to prove that her visit is essential.

can she say that she wanted to reunite with me and spend some timei with me??

please advise.

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
I m citizen ..

I am planning to send an invitation letter which she can show to the immigration officer. So if o just mention that I am inviting to reunite with me as we have not seen each other from past 2 years. Would that be good enough?
Thanks!!!

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
I m citizen ..

I am planning to send an invitation letter which she can show to the immigration officer. So if o just mention that I am inviting to reunite with me as we have not seen each other from past 2 years. Would that be good enough?
Thanks!!!
[/QUOTE
Please note I m in Canada for 10 years. She is travelling first time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I m citizen ..

Thanks!!!
Yes the letter is fine. Have her 3 day hotel quarantine booked and her 11 day quarantine plan to show. Have her set up on the ArriveCan app.

Reactions: guptavandana86

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
May be a copy of your birth certificate and proof of your citizenship can show at checkin and to the CBSA.
Thank you . Yes I have birth certificate. But it’s not in English or French Lang . However, I have translated it in English and notarized it 6 -7 years ago. Hopefully that will work.
I am not still clear if immigration officer will satisfy that she is coming to unite with me as my father is also not coming...and she is travelling first time to visit me in Canada. Please advise.

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
Yes the letter is fine. Have her 3 day hotel quarantine booked and her 11 day quarantine plan to show. Have her set up on the ArriveCan app.
Thanks... I don’t know any parent coming to Canada to just visit the immediate family so I would like to see how was the process /experience with immigration officer when one parent visits to see her daughter . My mother is travelling first time to Canada and my father is not coming due to his work.
I am not clear if immigration officer will be satisfied with her reason to unite with me during pandemic as essential travel.. please advise.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
I m citizen ..

Thanks!!!
Can you share your invitation letter?
My parent coming on visitor visa too.
better to write letter to make it more convenient !!