+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother’s multiple entry visit visa

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,
I have searched this forum and I know this question has been asked a lot but I wanted to make sure according to my situation.
I’m alone here with my 2 month old baby. I was in an abusive marriage and now separated. My mother applied for her visit visa and I wrote letter of invitation saying that she’s here for my moral support. She got multiple entry for 6 years (that’s her PP expiry). She came here in October and planning to stay till March (6 months). However, I was searching about extension of visit visa and I have read multiple suggestions some stating that it might effect when she tries to enter again. but I have also read that if she stays here for 6 months and go back then try to enter after 2-3 weeks the officer might grant her a month visit only or might not grant her entry at all.
so my question is, Should I apply for extension or should I let her go after 6 months period?
If I apply for extension, and let’s say she is granted one. And she stays for upto an year here and goes back. Can she enter again after 1 or 2 months ? Or is it risky?

and if I let her go in March (after 6 months) can she enter again after 2-3 weeks and will she be granted 6 months stay again? Keeping in mind that it’s a genuine reason because her daughter is alone here and has been thru a lot?
My entire family is back home including my father. My mother has a property in her name and she’s a housewife.

please reply. thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I have searched this forum and I know this question has been asked a lot but I wanted to make sure according to my situation.
I’m alone here with my 2 month old baby. I was in an abusive marriage and now separated. My mother applied for her visit visa and I wrote letter of invitation saying that she’s here for my moral support. She got multiple entry for 6 years (that’s her PP expiry). She came here in October and planning to stay till March (6 months). However, I was searching about extension of visit visa and I have read multiple suggestions some stating that it might effect when she tries to enter again. but I have also read that if she stays here for 6 months and go back then try to enter after 2-3 weeks the officer might grant her a month visit only or might not grant her entry at all.
so my question is, Should I apply for extension or should I let her go after 6 months period?
If I apply for extension, and let’s say she is granted one. And she stays for upto an year here and goes back. Can she enter again after 1 or 2 months ? Or is it risky?

and if I let her go in March (after 6 months) can she enter again after 2-3 weeks and will she be granted 6 months stay again? Keeping in mind that it’s a genuine reason because her daughter is alone here and has been thru a lot?
My entire family is back home including my father. My mother has a property in her name and she’s a housewife.

please reply. thanks a lot.
If she leaves and re-enters, it's impossible for any of us to guess how long she will be allowed back into Canada. Generally speaking a genuine visitor should be spending more time outside of Canada than inside of Canada in any given year. A multiple entry visa does not allow your mother to live in Canada.

If you want her to remain in Canada, best option is generally to apply for an extension. If she extension is approved and if she is granted another six months, then once she's been in Canada for a year and leaves, she should remain outside of Canada for 8-12 months before attempting to re-enter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Although I empathize with your situation now that your mother is here you need to you the time to become independent because at a certain point your mother will no longer be able to extend her stay. Although you may be on maternity leave if your maternity leave salary is not enough for you and your child to live on you should be looking at going back to work. Then you will have to start looking at daycares and seeing if you qualify, how much it will be and whether you qualify for any subsidies. If you are in a shelter or temporary housing you need to find a home and start setting it up slowly. Setting up a support system will also be important so when your mother is no longer in Canada you have others to turn to. There are options like a mother’s group, cultural/religious groups, neighbourhood groups, domestic violence support groups, etc. Your mother will not be able to stay in Canada permanently. There are single many mothers in Canada and it is difficult but not an anomaly. Can’t emphasize it enough that you need to use the time that you have with you mother wisely so that you aren’t caught off guard when an extension is no longer granted and you are ready to be independent.

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Adding that your mom has mentioned that she was intending not to stay longer than three weeks because of her responsibilities back home tending to her young adult children
Who is tending to those children now? Those were her ties back home

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-little-help.649242/
yes you’re absolutely correct. My eldest sister is taking care of my siblings back home. Do you think it’s going to be a problem if she applies for extension considering she just applied for 3 weeks originally?

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
If she leaves and re-enters, it's impossible for any of us to guess how long she will be allowed back into Canada. Generally speaking a genuine visitor should be spending more time outside of Canada than inside of Canada in any given year. A multiple entry visa does not allow your mother to live in Canada.

If you want her to remain in Canada, best option is generally to apply for an extension. If she extension is approved and if she is granted another six months, then once she's been in Canada for a year and leaves, she should remain outside of Canada for 8-12 months before attempting to re-enter.
Thank you ! If I get her visa extended, can I get extension for upto an year? As I’ve read some people did get an additional year upon extension. Or should I just apply for 6 months to be on the safe side? also, what reason should be given while requesting an extension?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you ! If I get her visa extended, can I get extension for upto an year? As I’ve read some people did get an additional year upon extension. Or should I just apply for 6 months to be on the safe side? also, what reason should be given while requesting an extension?
It's really up to IRCC how long an extension is granted. People do get a year extension - however in the examples I've seen this is more common for spouses or individuals working to become common law. Might be safer to just ask for 6 months. Hard to say.

brainsingh

Dec 9, 2019
my mother's visitor visa was denied. I am here as a student and don't earn much but my mother is government employee in India and she owns a house too. My brother is in India as well. She is a single parent in her account, there were INR 350000 (CAD 7000). This was the reason for refusal

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I want to reapply, so what should be changed to get her visa approved?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
yes you’re absolutely correct. My eldest sister is taking care of my siblings back home. Do you think it’s going to be a problem if she applies for extension considering she just applied for 3 weeks originally?
It’s just going to show that the children that were ties to her home country , weren’t really ties at all

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
my mother's visitor visa was denied. I am here as a student and don't earn much but my mother is government employee in India and she owns a house too. My brother is in India as well. She is a single parent in her account, there were INR 350000 (CAD 7000). This was the reason for refusal

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I want to reapply, so what should be changed to get her visa approved?
With such a small bank balance have to assume that IRCC have a hard time accepting why someone should spend a big chunk of that on an airfare and costs whilst in Canada. The odds of approval seem slim, at least thats my view others may disagree