+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moscow Application Processing Office

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Just to finalize the whole story, just received a copy of GCMS file (actually by email from the ATIP office). It seems that it was actually really good that we've sent a TRV app. In there I provided fresh tax returns, updated info and addressed some concerns on the prev TRV app. Looking through the notes, the officer had concerns that there is not enough evidence of our relationship and my intent to return to Canada. However further there is a correction, that now that he/she has seen the latest TRV app, she/he is satisfied that all is good and imm visa issues instead of TRV. So there you go, extra info and some effort to do a write up never hurts ;D

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
paul911 said:
Just to finalize the whole story, just received a copy of GCMS file (actually by email from the ATIP office). It seems that it was actually really good that we've sent a TRV app. In there I provided fresh tax returns, updated info and addressed some concerns on the prev TRV app. Looking through the notes, the officer had concerns that there is not enough evidence of our relationship and my intent to return to Canada. However further there is a correction, that now that he/she has seen the latest TRV app, she/he is satisfied that all is good and imm visa issues instead of TRV. So there you go, extra info and some effort to do a write up never hurts ;D
great stuff, paul911!! :) wish you guys good luck in arranging your new life together in Canada :)
we ordered FOSS together with another set of CAIPS. I think we will try to order GCMS next time.
although there was no"red flags" on our file in CAIPS, we decided to order FOSS as well to see if there is smth we need to address as they've been conducting b'checks for over 6 months now and nothing at all regarding why it's taking so long in CAIPS.

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
Happy Birthday, Canada! :D

events in Toronto: http://wx.toronto.ca/festevents.nsf/
event in North York: http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/canada/2011/index.htm

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Jianadaren said:
great stuff, paul911!! :) wish you guys good luck in arranging your new life together in Canada :)
we ordered FOSS together with another set of CAIPS. I think we will try to order GCMS next time.
although there was no"red flags" on our file in CAIPS, we decided to order FOSS as well to see if there is smth we need to address as they've been conducting b'checks for over 6 months now and nothing at all regarding why it's taking so long in CAIPS.
Thank you. And good luck to you as well. As far as I understand it, there is no diff between CAIPS and GCMS in terms of ordering, they just determine that themselves depending on if the office had switched already or not. Last year I got CAIPS for Moscow, this year GCMS. But they are improving service through, because last year I sent in the forms and the chq and got a print out in the mail a month later. This time, I sent the same forms and chq, got email acknowledging receipt. I replied to it asking to send me back scans when ready instead of regular mail, and that's what they did yesterday. So pretty good in that sense.

L

lala2010

Well... it seems things have stalled for Moscow applicants since this thread has been so quiet. Just wondering how long it took for e-cas to switch from "application received" to "in progress". Even though our ecas still says "application received" I'm hoping they're actually processing it ;)

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
lala2010 said:
Well... it seems things have stalled for Moscow applicants since this thread has been so quiet. Just wondering how long it took for e-cas to switch from "application received" to "in progress". Even though our ecas still says "application received" I'm hoping they're actually processing it ;)
For us to went from application recvd to decision made right away. Nothing in between. Not the best reflection of reality. It was the same for me around 8 years ago when I was immigrating. So hang tight. The only thing to go about is an appox timeline of when people are starting to hear from the office one way or another and from what I understand that's around 7-8 months from the date the app went to Mississauga. Hope this helps

Dmitri

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Niagara,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
my ecas said application receieved untill she actualy got the passport back with visa. week later started processing and decision made on ecas

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
CIC sponsorship application: Decision made. We sent you a letter on July 6, 2011 about the decision on your application.

I applied April 29!

I didn't receive any emails or information about the application being sent to Moscow. In fact, the CIC website doesn't say anything except that "a letter has been sent to you". Is this normal?

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
Sponsorship approved :D

ubernemo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2011
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2011
L

lala2010

hhhmmm on russia.gc.ca they deleted the processing time for family class sponsorship (previously said 6-12 months) I guess this means the 9 months on the CIC website is standard. :( Well at any rate it'll hopefully be a maximum of 4 more months till we get our visa.

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
It's been over 5 months since I saw my wife. I clearly remember the night I left Moscow, and in two days I'm going to visit her! Yahoo!

We're spending a week together. I wish it could be more, but 7 days is better than no days.

Podushkin

Jun 28, 2011
Good idea - during your visit: make pictures, copy flight tickets and send to embassy as update to your application. As an evidence of your relationship.

Wa1ting

May 26, 2011
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-2010
AOR Received.
12-11-2010
Med's Done....
07-13-2010
On the subject of getting out of Moscow - here is a question for anyone who has landed in Canada already - and who brought along a pet from Russia:

How did you manage it??? :eek:

The import requirements from Canada for a cat are very simple - a rabies certificate (translation to english or french) plus the $55 import fee payable at the airport.

But it seems that RUSSIA has a whole host of bizarre requirements for getting your pet OUT of Russia: get the pet micro-chipped, get the pet an international pet passport, get the pet veterinary certified, and get another special export certification that its 'fit to fly' ( good only for 3 days).

Seems like a ton of running around, and more last-minute stuff we certainly won't be welcoming. Does anyone have this experience?

L

lala2010

MY HUSBAND GOT HIS PPR!!!!!!!!

He just randomly checked his email, not expecting anything since it's the weekend and there it was an email from moscow!

I didn't expect it this soon... although these have been the lo0ngest 5 months of my life... I'm soooo happy!!!!

Good luck everyone! I hope you all hear soon too!