+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Morocco

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is Morocco always long to process?
Yes countries like Morocco, Algeria, etc. have always had above average processing times. The area may have longer processing times for a variety of reasons including the large number of arranged marriages or marriages between two individuals with conservative religious values. Without a long history of in person western style dating, no living together, getting married relatively soon after you meet versus dating for a long time before getting married, not a lot of in person meetings before getting married (some get married during first in person meeting period which is not recommended), immigration fraud being an issue in the region involving Canada and other counties, etc. The extra scrutiny and the potentially a need for an interview leads to a longer than average processing times.

Reactions: Tong tong

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Definitely can understand that. We have been in relations for 1.5 years before marrying (married now for almost 8 months), and this will be our 5th trip of us meeting together soon. And constantly video chatting for hours everyday. Unfortunately we tried twice to do a trv for him but they denied it back then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Definitely can understand that. We have been in relations for 1.5 years before marrying (married now for almost 8 months), and this will be our 5th trip of us meeting together soon. And constantly video chatting for hours everyday. Unfortunately we tried twice to do a trv for him but they denied it back then.
The fact that you’ve had 5 visits will certainly help. Given the announcement last week you may want to try again for the TRV although it’s still unclear whether there will still be some spouses refused TRVs and for what reasons. To try and prevent immigration fraud there must be some red flags that would prevent a TRV from being approved. We’ll need to wait and see what happens over the next few months.

the_elsh

May 28, 2018
The fact that you’ve had 5 visits will certainly help. Given the announcement last week you may want to try again for the TRV although it’s still unclear whether there will still be some spouses refused TRVs and for what reasons. To try and prevent immigration fraud there must be some red flags that would prevent a TRV from being approved. We’ll need to wait and see what happens over the next few months.
I'm in same situation. I applied in January 2021 while it was during COVID with their whole reunification of fiancées. It got denied. So now, I applied for sponsorship since April 27th. They asked for an updated police report and was submitted on May8th. Latest update is, after asking from Local MP ( which is useless since they just look at the portal) that background check is complete. Only item left is eligibility. Another friend of mine submitted in November 2021, and got an answer in 14 months. And even on ircc website it's now 14 months. But I don't think morocco case officers are even working on spousal sponsorships as mentioned by minister of immigration here in Canada.

the_elsh

May 28, 2018
I'm in same situation. I applied in January 2021 while it was during COVID with their whole reunification of fiancées. It got denied. So now, I applied for sponsorship since April 27th. They asked for an updated police report and was submitted on May8th. Latest update is, after asking from Local MP ( which is useless since they just look at the portal) that background check is complete. Only item left is eligibility. Another friend of mine submitted in November 2021, and got an answer in 14 months. And even on ircc website it's now 14 months. But I don't think morocco case officers are even working on spousal sponsorships as mentioned by minister of immigration here in Canada.
Minister said they are working for reunification of spouses, but I'm scared to even apply again for TRV since it'll go back to the normal tourist visa files. And once again the file will take longer... So I have my doubts in that system.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
14 months is just estimated average processing time. Would base my expectations more on others going through the same process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Minister said they are working for reunification of spouses, but I'm scared to even apply again for TRV since it'll go back to the normal tourist visa files. And once again the file will take longer... So I have my doubts in that system.
Applying for a TRV won’t impact your sponsorship application so you don’t have anything to lose by trying again.

Reactions: the_elsh

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Took 3 months for the rabat office to even to respond to a message I sent about status of our application. All they said it's being processed and didn't answer anything. 2 months now nothing about our TRV just in process.

Noureddine2022

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Took 3 months for the rabat office to even to respond to a message I sent about status of our application. All they said it's being processed and didn't answer anything. 2 months now nothing about our TRV just in process.
does your application TRV start with V40?