+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 60 days after I applied for Visitor Visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Anyone please can guide me why they took the old set of passports and why is it taking so long.
VFS Jalandhar took your parents old passports to forward their TRV applications under the CAN+ program.

Estimated processing time is 24 days presently. It's nearly three months in your parents' case.

Did you send a CSE to request for an expedited decision?

Cheers

so123

Jul 6, 2016
Hi folks,

I applied for Visitor visa my mom n dad on 10th may 2016 n theri passport has been dispached on 6th july, 2016. I applied through paper application and file was send to new delhi office. Hope this helps for people waiting.

Thank.

nd-india

Sep 17, 2013
Bryanna said:
Your guess is as good as ours as to why a TRV decision is taking so long.

Her super visa was refused because you didn't submit medical insurance. As she was not refused for lack of strong ties, finances, etc, her current TRV application is not affected by these aspects.

BTW (in hindsight) you could've applied for her under the CAN+ program as she is eligible
Wish I knew about the CAN+ program before :( thanks for your input though! I guess its just a game of wait and watch. I will post updates here as things move along.

nd-india

Sep 17, 2013
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an update to let everyone know an idea of the timeline. We got an update in our CIC account on 22nd July asking for a medical test. We got it done on the 25th. The waiting game continues again.