+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 60 days after I applied for Visitor Visa

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Hi,

I applied for Tourist Visa for both my parents and brother on 3rd may 2016

I am still waiting for the any update.

Only update that I can see since May 4th is "In progress".

Please guide me what should I do??

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
I try to email embassy twice but I am only getting confirmation and nothing else....

Is there any way I can get an update on my VISA/passport.It looks like they have put it on hold or might have misplaced it alltogether....

I do not know I am getting all negative feelings.....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Do stay positive and hopeful :)

By any chance does your dad/mom work in the defense services, judiciary, police, government department?

Cheers

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Do stay positive and hopeful :)

By any chance does your dad/mom work in the defense services, judiciary, police, government department?

Cheers

Both of them were working with Govt Department but now they are retired.So no longer working with any of the department.

Is this making the difference??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
visaDelhi said:
Both of them were working with Govt Department but now they are retired.So no longer working with any of the department.

Is this making the difference??
Yes, this is probably the reason.

I'm guessing the visa office is making background checks with the government department/third party sources.... this is probably delaying a decision.

You may want to send a CSE and request the visa office to let you know if they require any additional documents - particularly for your parents' employment - to make an expedited decision

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna said:
Yes, this is probably the reason.

I'm guessing the visa office is making background checks with the government department/third party sources.... this is probably delaying a decision.

You may want to send a CSE and request the visa office to let you know if they require any additional documents - particularly for your parents' employment - to make an expedited decision
Thanks Bryanna for the help.

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Today I got to know that there is some communication gap between the VFS and Travel Agent.

They have asked for the Medical test of both my parents now.

It needs to be done with in 30 days.

I will book for appointment same.Just wanted to ask is it a good sign or a bad sign or just the one level completion sign.

I hardly heard any medical request for tourist Visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do try linking your paper applications with MyCIC.

They have asked for the Medical test of both my parents now.
The visa office can request for medical tests.... although it's not always the case for TRVs.

I know of two recent cases (both had applied for TRVs) where the visa office had requested for medicals.... In the first case, she was granted an SOWP.... in the second case, the visa office is processing her parents' TRVs as super visas. No idea why/how this is possible

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
I tried searching for both my application but it could not able to locate and link the application to my CIC account.

I do not know what I am missing I am entering all correct details but could not able to locate the same.

Thanks,
Poonam

nd-india

Sep 17, 2013
Applied online for TRV for mum on May 13, 2016.

Received the 3 token emails regarding application submission, confirmation and the mysterious update that no one sees in their account.

37 working days as of today and MyCIC account still shows "open/in process."

Worried about this though:

Applied for super visa for her in Oct 2015. They requested proof of Canadian insurance in Nov 2015. I ended up neither buying this nor being able to cancel the super visa application...mum met with a terrible accident and I was with her in the hospital Oct-Dec 2015 in India, so let the visa process slide.

Received an email in March 2016 - application refused based on "no insurance documents submitted." However, the email did say that "you may apply at a later time," which I did on May 13th. BUT I decided not to purchase the heavy duty $100,000 insurance until they ask for it. Could this be where i went wrong? Should I have purchased insurance and provided proof along with the application? Financially, that doesnt make sense, in case the visa is denied...

I have raised CSE but just received automated confirmation emails. No numbers to call on, obviously.

Any guidance? Anyone?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@nd-india

For TRV: Medical insurance is not mandatory.

For super visa: You must submit evidence of medical insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 coverage from a Canadian insurance company with the super visa application

nd-india

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks, Bryanna!

But do you think it is normal that the application still hasn't moved forward in 37 days? I thought it may have something to do with the refused super visa application but she has traveled to Canada twice before on TRV and also has a 10 yr US visa. It has never taken this long for her to get a visa.

Just wondering if this wait time is similar to others who applied in May 2016.

@visadelhi - how are things moving along?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your guess is as good as ours as to why a TRV decision is taking so long.

Her super visa was refused because you didn't submit medical insurance. As she was not refused for lack of strong ties, finances, etc, her current TRV application is not affected by these aspects.

BTW (in hindsight) you could've applied for her under the CAN+ program as she is eligible

katoch

Jul 5, 2016
Hi All,
My parents applied for visitor visa with paper application from VFS Jalandhar on 18th of april 2016. On tracking it shows under process. They were her on visitor visa 3 years ago. They have submitted their there old stamped passports with the new ones too with the application. Anyone please can guide me why they took the old set of passports and why is it taking so long. I also sent an email , they acknowledged it but no reply.

Thanks for your help in advance