+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More police check questions!

ncnicole

Apr 21, 2010
Hello. A question about police checks-
My partner and I have our entire application ready to be sent in with the exception of the police checks. It needs to be submitted ASAP because my partner's work visa is expiring, and we need to get the forms in quickly. However, I am from the States, and just sent off my prints to the FBI- I was under the impression you had the background done with the medical- when the CIC requests it. But seeing that they want them with the application- it says the FBI can take months to come back!
Is it ok to send the application with a note that the police check will be following shortly?
Also, my partner is Australian, and is getting the background check done there. The agency there will ONLY send police reports directly to the agency that needs it, i.e. the CIC. How is it possible to get these to meet up with our application?
Thanks- any advice on the best course is appreciated!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Only one, the FBI? You are lucky. You are supposed to submit it with the application, but... FBI can take months, but it doesn't always (mine was just done in 1 month - don't know why it was so speedy, but hopefully you put your SSN on the fingerprint form... )

It's not clear what your partner's work visa has to do with the application, tho, since (for CEC class) it does not require a current visa to apply ... ? Unless you mean it will expire in about 8 months and you want the CEC processed before having to try and get a new one...

As for the Aussie PCC, I guess you'll just have to trust that the CHC has the capability to match the incoming PCC with the application files... :)

ncnicole

Apr 21, 2010
Hi. Thanks for your reply- I am keeping my fingers crossed for the FBI, but it has been a couple of weeks since they recieved it and the payment still hasn't been processed. I put a return date on the envelope, but I hear that doesn't always help.

The visa expiration is pressing because we would like to stay in Canada during the process and my partner needs to be able to work while we are waiting. I guess we should not have left the police checks so late, but there was just some confusion on our part as to when to send it in, and also the three month validity period. Do you know if sending the application in with a note the police checks are to follow means that it will be sent back?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Don't know. It could be, esp. if the "completeness check" is done before you send them in. Having said that, because of the recent FBI back log, a lot of people have been doing it. In the past, if any PCC were missing, the IO would contact the applicant and request the PCCs. (This of course delays processing, which kind of defeats the purpose of sending the application before you get them. But I'm not sure at what stage it would be done). PCCs are not mentioned in the OP 25, so I really don't know...