+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

more points to siblings and francophones confirmed 2017

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The issue is that the provinces' stream (except Ontario) places barrier for the French stream like connection, job offer, etc...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
The issue is that the provinces' stream (except Ontario) places barrier for the French stream like connection, job offer, etc...
1. you have French stream at New Brunswick.
2. Other provinces do consider French language equal when getting points.
3. Quebec puts significanly more points for French language than for English language

Reality is that French language might help you to get in the Canada, but in most places except Quebec and some areas of NB, whole French language is rather useless or close to useless. Most important at that moment becomes English.

That is the reality.
And provinces very logicaly pursue the labour market reality.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
1. you have French stream at New Brunswick.
2. Other provinces do consider French language equal when getting points.
3. Quebec puts significanly more points for French language than for English language

Reality is that French language might help you to get in the Canada, but in most places except Quebec and some areas of NB, whole French language is rather useless or close to useless. Most important at that moment becomes English.

That is the reality.
And provinces very logicaly pursue the labour market reality.
it is a matter of keeping french alive in the western provinces some canadians dont speak english and the government have to provide them services in french, so if a french canadian wants to send his children to school in french then canada needs to recruit french teachers in vancouver or in calgary places where is really hard to find a francophone. This french canadians are complaining about it cuz as a canadian you must be able to receive education and all type of services in french or in english if you live outside quebec,and that s why the goverment is so comitted in provinding new immigration paths for francophones skilled workers cuz they are in demand all across the country

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
it is a matter of keeping french alive in the western provinces some canadians dont speak english and the government have to provide them services in french, so if a french canadian wants to send his children to school in french then canada needs to recruit french teachers in vancouver or in calgary places where is really hard to find a francophone. This french canadians are complaining about it cuz as a canadian you must be able to receive education and all type of services in french or in english if you live outside quebec,and that s why the goverment is so comitted in provinding new immigration paths for francophones skilled workers cuz they are in demand all across the country
There are only 3 provinces that are stated to be bilingual: New Brunswick, Yukon, Nunavut, Northern Territories.
Legaly Manitoba is also bilingual, but practicaly not. In Ontario you can also find certain amount of French speakers, which is mostly because Ottawa is in Ontario.
Of course Quebec is in reversed position.
So In overall, in most places you cannot really demand for French speaking services (like schools and others).

The reason behind French is can be mostly practicaly translated as a try to peace Quebec (as there were and still are separative tendencies).
Reality really is such that you need English all over. And this was highlighted by province representatives themselves.

Mobilite Francophone is just a neat way how to attract mainly potential immigrants from Europe and Nothern Africa.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
There are only 3 provinces that are stated to be bilingual: New Brunswick, Yukon, Nunavut, Northern Territories.
Legaly Manitoba is also bilingual, but practicaly not. In Ontario you can also find certain amount of French speakers, which is mostly because Ottawa is in Ontario.
Of course Quebec is in reversed position.
So In overall, in most places you cannot really demand for French speaking services (like schools and others).

The reason behind French is can be mostly practicaly translated as a try to peace Quebec (as there were and still are separative tendencies).
Reality really is such that you need English all over. And this was highlighted by province representatives themselves.

Mobilite Francophone is just a neat way how to attract mainly potential immigrants from Europe and Nothern Africa.
mobilite francophone is made to bring people from thoses countries like you said but the goal is to attract francophones cuz if you noticed those events take place in france and belgium cuz thoses are francophones countries that s why. And yes there are french communities in every province, that s the reason behind the proposal of additional points for francophone and zero LMAI for francophones who get a job offer by participating in those events. That s an indicator that they truly need people who can speak both languages. If two skilled workers from overseas with the same noc, same age and the level of experience go to a job interview chances are that the one who is bilingual will get job. Knowing french in canada will always be important. Employers are looking for bilingualism regardless the province that's a fact. Employers will always ask you if you speak french, it is not always mandatory in wester provinces but it is most of the time preferable. most business have moved from alberta to NB because most of the population there is bilingual. University of ottawa is one of the canadians universities that offer canadian tuition to international students who study a program in french as there are many institutions offering this right now as a way to attract francophones and quebec offers quecois tuitions to french citizens in every quebecois university or college. I think they will do more to attract french speakers, the demand is growing and they know it. Cheers.

Tatheer Zehra

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
I hope they give these points soon

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
mobilite francophone is made to bring people from thoses countries like you said but the goal is to attract francophones cuz if you noticed those events take place in france and belgium cuz thoses are francophones countries that s why. And yes there are french communities in every province, that s the reason behind the proposal of additional points for francophone and zero LMAI for francophones who get a job offer by participating in those events. That s an indicator that they truly need people who can speak both languages. If two skilled workers from overseas with the same noc, same age and the level of experience go to a job interview chances are that the one who is bilingual will get job. Knowing french in canada will always be important. Employers are looking for bilingualism regardless the province that's a fact. Employers will always ask you if you speak french, it is not always mandatory in wester provinces but it is most of the time preferable. most business have moved from alberta to NB because most of the population there is bilingual. University of ottawa is one of the canadians universities that offer canadian tuition to international students who study a program in french as there are many institutions offering this right now as a way to attract francophones and quebec offers quecois tuitions to french citizens in every quebecois university or college. I think they will do more to attract french speakers, the demand is growing and they know it. Cheers.
1. Quebec and France have specific relationship. For example some professions that have graduated in France are regarded as if they have graduated in Quebec, which gives them much easier way to pass licence process. That might be the reason for the special tuition offers there.
2. Reality on the job fair (which I have attended in Brussel):
The first presentation was in French. Also most of the workshops were in French. But when it comes to recruitement companies situation was different. Their first request upon approaching was to speak English with them. They have only asked for English resume. The only moment then they were asking about French language was to check if you meet the criteria of Mobilite Francophone (so that you get visa without LMIA). Ok in the second one, they have told me that people actually overestimate the importance of languages. And they openly told that French is now an asset because of that clause - mobilite Fracophone.
Even during the presentation several provinces mentioned, that English is needed in order to hit the job market (for example Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan).
Even when I have approached stand of Ontario job support, they have asked for English resume only. In their job portal, almost all listed jobs are written in English.

Now I have also checked some experience of French speakers in Canada (what you can find by using Google). What standed out was English.

So that is the reality on the job market.
And sure, when it comes to your private life and meeting friends, there is no problem to use French all you want, however when it comes to job (except of Quebec and New Brunswick), English is must.

And I do not want to put lower weight on French as such, that is just reality, since French is minority.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
vensak said:
1. Quebec and France have specific relationship. For example some professions that have graduated in France are regarded as if they have graduated in Quebec, which gives them much easier way to pass licence process. That might be the reason for the special tuition offers there.
The first presentation was in French. Also most of the workshops were in French. But when it comes to recruitement companies situation was different. Their first request upon approaching was to speak English with them. They have only asked for English resume. The only moment then they were asking about French language was to check if you meet the criteria of Mobilite Francophone (so that you get visa without LMIA). Ok in the second one, they have told me that people actually overestimate the importance of languages. And they openly told that French is now an asset because of that clause - mobilite Fracophone.
Even during the presentation several provinces mentioned, that English is needed in order to hit the job market (for example Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan).
Even when I have approached stand of Ontario job support, they have asked for English resume only. In their job portal, almost all listed jobs are written in English.

Now I have also checked some experience of French speakers in Canada (what you can find by using Google). What standed out was English.

And sure, when it comes to your private life and meeting friends, there is no problem to use French all you want, however when it comes to job (except of Quebec and New Brunswick), English is must.

And I do not want to put lower weight on French as such, that is just reality, since French is minority.
Totally agreed with vensak. French and English are treated as a same in federal system and that is the way it should be remained. And mind you popping up thread after thread and whining about extra points will not give you extra points. So just keep calm and not spam the forum.

fordori

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada is a bilingual country. French and English are BOTH official languages. Deal with it. Lol. Can't wait for my extra points !

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fordori said:
Canada is a bilingual country. French and English are BOTH official languages. Deal with it. Lol. Can't wait for my extra points !
Switzerland is also country with more than 1 official language (4 languages). However in practical life, most of the time you will need German (biggest language) or French. On the other end, nobody cares that much if you speak Romanth, and your Italian language is acceptable in the area close to the Italian borders .

Offical language does not equal demand from the market. Especially if the official language is minority.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Totally agreed with vensak. French and English are treated as a same in federal system and that is the way it should be remained. And mind you popping up thread after thread and whining about extra points will not give you extra points. So just keep calm and not spam the forum.
no boddy is spaming the forum dude you are with your attitude this post is to share thoughts about more points for siblings and francophones if you dont like it you dont have to comment here. Peace

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fordori said:
that s my point. I dont know what you talking about, you have to read before you reply dude. You dont know where u r standing cuz u cant even read properly.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:

i said before french is preferable not exactly mandatory when working in western provinces. I am currently working in western canada and it was because my french that i got the job and im working in an anglophone province, it is because is minority that employers are demanding it. It is because is minority that you will have a very desirable skill and you will stand out of the rest. Here the competition is really fierce. Bilingual candidates will always be one step forward it is hard for a skilled worker from overseas who only speaks english to compete with someone who can speak both officials languages. That s commom sense. My employer told me that s the reason i got hired even when the rest of the candidates where canadians, unfortunately some of then had very basic french and others no french at all. I understand your point but i have a different point of view but that s okay. This post is to share thoughts