+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

more points to siblings and francophones confirmed 2017

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.universityaffairs.ca/news/news-article/express-entry-reforms/

further Express Entry changes are coming in 2017 that would grant points to candidates with siblings in Canada and to Francophones.

nov.2016

John McCallum, minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship, speaking at the CBIE conference last week.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm looking for the video of this event. hopefully some will upload it soon. 8)

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not see any video for this conference.

However, there is a video where McCallum made his speech on Francophone Day this month to the Fédération des communautés francophones et acadienne (FCFA) du Canada.

It was mentioned that they failed to meet their objective despite the Mobilité Francophone was restored. McCallum said they are now examining Express Entry in order to give more points to Francophone as this can make a big difference in attaining their objective.

Here is the video link where he confirmed this in 2 videos:

http://www5.tfo.org/onfr/immigration-francophone-une-cible-difficile-a-atteindre-pour-mccallum/

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkayy89 said:
By this you mean the French Speakers PNP?
No, because in either way in force like PNP amongst them, they cannot attain their objective.

I mean additional points for those who have French under Express Entry this time. This has been made clear in his speech.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
No, because in either way in force like PNP amongst them, they cannot attain their objective.

I mean additional points for those who have French under Express Entry this time. This has been made clear in his speech.
Just to add:

This thread concerns two remaining upcoming reforms for 1) French and 2) Siblings in granting more points under Express Entry only.

mkayy89

Apr 6, 2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Yes noted.

Well I was hoping it will help the Ontario French speakers PNP who are waiting for their nominations. Maybe this will help them to reach their quota for 2017, we never know.

shahidzaiba

Jul 17, 2016
Elrud said:
Just to add:

This thread concerns two remaining upcoming reforms for 1) French and 2) Siblings in granting more points under Express Entry only.
When do you think these changes will come in to force.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea according to the article theyare working on new mesures to improve the francophone immigration only ontario has a francophone pnp and that alone wont fix the problem they have with francophone communities outside quebec. Every speech of the minister should be focused on siblings and francophones now that the intetnational students situation has finally been adressed.hopefully we will get good news before the end of the year.