+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moratorium on Food Service Sector

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi dears, congratulation to all of you at least moratorium will be ended how about lmos food service supervisor under process in (service canada) before moratorium.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sttk said:
Hi dears, congratulation to all of you at least moratorium will be ended how about lmos food service supervisor under process in (service canada) before moratorium.
[I am also in same situation bro. Can someone please answer our query. My employer applied for lmo before moratorium. It was almost 4 months in April before moratorium. Would ESDC still consider processing that lmo ?]

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[I am also in same situation bro. Can someone please answer our query. My employer applied for lmo before moratorium. It was almost 4 months in April before moratorium. Would ESDC still consider processing that lmo ?]

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
fastfood said:
[I am also in same situation bro. Can someone please answer our query. My employer applied for lmo before moratorium. It was almost 4 months in April before moratorium. Would ESDC still consider processing that

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob574A.asp

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
It depends on if you got an answer or not. If your LMO was finished before the moratorium started, then it's now valid again. If it wasn't finished yet, then the application was scrapped and your employer got a refund. Your employer will have to re-apply all over again under the new rules for another LMIA.

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
I have some questions:

My story goes like this,

I came to Canada last September 2012, my working permit is valid only until December 2013 because my passport is valid only until December 2013. I renewed my passport April 2013, so I can extend my working permit. Come December 2013 upon renewal of my working permit, it was refused because of invalid LMO. I 're apply my permit and it was approved last February 2014 from kitchen helper to cook. However, it was only valid until September 2014.

My questions are:

Is it possible to renew working permit from kitchen helper to cook if the same LMO number that was applied in renewal of working permit?

How come that it was only valid until September 2014?

Is it possible that the CiC had this mistake or my employer?

Thank you

milyon25

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my husband promoted as food service supervisor last february and no LMO yet ..... his FCA,2 yrs working permit will valid until next yr april. ...how about if his employer will paid him in the median wage? is there a chance to change his WP or no chance eventhough he was prmoted , because he started in low wage from the start he entered canada...thank you....

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
milyon25 said:
my husband promoted as food service supervisor last february and no LMO yet ..... his FCA,2 yrs working permit will valid until next yr april. ...how about if his employer will paid him in the median wage? is there a chance to change his WP or no chance eventhough he was prmoted , because he started in low wage from the start he entered canada...thank you....
I have few friends who was promoted but the lmo stays the same. Usually employers would just change it when the work permit expires to a supervisor position LMO.and now since NOC is changed to either high wage or low wage, I am skeptical if employers would pay a supervisor a median wage lets say at Alberta for $ 24.23.food service supervisors are getting $13 to $15 nowadays so paying them double the current rate is unlikely.

milyon25

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man415 said:
I have few friends who was promoted but the lmo stays the same. Usually employers would just change it when the work permit expires to a supervisor position LMO.and now since NOC is changed to either high wage or low wage, I am skeptical if employers would pay a supervisor a median wage lets say at Alberta for $ 24.23.food service supervisors are getting $13 to $15 nowadays so paying them double the current rate is unlikely.
by the way his LMO was processed last April before the moratorium annouced, all LMO's are suspended , returned and refunded... so i think theres no result on it, eventhough its an open LMO , adding the name of the persons who was qualified for the position is also taking a months....those LMOS's that had a positive result, pre-approved , and not expired are those valid to continue for the application of WP in CIC...now its depends on his empoyer/ company, they are the one who can answer it....by the way thank u ..

milyon25

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milyon25 said:
by the way his LMO was processed last April before the moratorium annouced, all LMO's are suspended , returned and refunded... so i think theres no result on it, eventhough its an open LMO , adding the name of the persons who was qualified for the position is also taking a months....those LMOS's that had a positive result, pre-approved , and not expired are those valid to continue for the application of WP in CIC...now its depends on his empoyer/ company, they are the one who can answer it....by the way thank u

THe ESDC did not refund LMO'S that were APPROVED but unnamed .......yes, hoping that all were going alright

MGEE

Jun 15, 2013
Man415 said:
My husband have a similar situation.. He is qualified now to apply for bc pnp, the only problem is he didn't meet the lico. His employer is willing to give him a salary increase from 11 to 13.25. His agent told him to would be risky to apply for bc pnp because according to him his raise should be gradual he then suggested that mynhusband should just be promoted and get a new lmia. We are so confused now because we know whatever we do its both risky... Do you think 20% salary increase is not allowed in canada

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
MGEE said:
My husband have a similar situation.. He is qualified now to apply for bc pnp, the only problem is he didn't meet the lico. His employer is willing to give him a salary increase from 11 to 13.25. His agent told him to would be risky to apply for bc pnp because according to him his raise should be gradual he then suggested that mynhusband should just be promoted and get a new lmia. We are so confused now because we know whatever we do its both risky... Do you think 20% salary increase is not allowed in canada
I am not sure on the allowable percentage increase.In the restaurant that I'm managing, we have given instructions to the promoted supervisors whether in the dining or kitchen that they are promoted with the salary increase but on paper or work permit they still remain on the current position as we will be adjusting their position on their work permit renewal.I think the increase on your husbands pay is reasonable as what I have mentioned supervisors should be on $13-15 range.Modesty aside I got an increase few months back more than 20% and it doesn't seem to affect my PR application.

MGEE

Jun 15, 2013
Man415 said:
I am not sure on the allowable percentage increase.In the restaurant that I'm managing, we have given instructions to the promoted supervisors whether in the dining or kitchen that they are promoted with the salary increase but on paper or work permit they still remain on the current position as we will be adjusting their position on their work permit renewal.I think the increase on your husbands pay is reasonable as what I have mentioned supervisors should be on $13-15 range.Modesty aside I got an increase few months back more than 20% and it doesn't seem to affect my PR application.

Thank you for you insight. I somehow feel relieve.. I think will just proceed to our bc pnp application..

PRAJAPATI

Feb 4, 2014
I also affected by Moratorium.....but now i am free of all worries as i got rejected yesterday...be positive.....will try next time.....another program......another program...... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: