+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moratorium on Food Service Sector

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
thank you beholder69 for replying....that was great help to me..need to ask my employer. hope so everybody should be with new changes

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mannual said:
So basically no change at all! :(
Dude, with all due respect, back off. We don't need any xenophobic drivel right now.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Vincentlouise said:
please share with us what will be the changes of the
TFW that will anounce today by mr.kenney thanks a lot ;D
According to CBC:

"The government will cut the size and scope of the program, as well as make public the names of employers who have been given the green light to hire temporary foreign workers"
"the government will publish the names of companies who have been given a permit to bring in foreign workers and the number of workers they're allowed to bring in. "
"The government also plans to reduce the length of time a temporary foreign worker can stay in Canada."
"the government is expected to reduce the overall number of temporary foreign workers it accepts."
"The government is expected to tie the number of temporary foreign workers a company is allowed to hire to the unemployment rate"
"[the government] will also require employers to pay temporary foreign workers more than they do now."

These seem to be the major changes that will be announced today

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
august62013 said:
Is there possible to unfreeze the moraturium after the annoucement today? Ty
The news articles don't talk about it. But I guess they will lift it. In few hours the discussion will go all time high in this forum.

Hope for the best guys!!

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/index.shtml

Singham

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
Hi Introcan..
please guide.
for 6661 noc ..is this affected after lift he moratoiriim..file already with cic abudhabi since 7 mnths????

or

these rules for in future aplication??

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
StopDA,

I think you have a good news. Right?
Well, the only change that really seems to affect me would be the reduction in the 4 year maximum stay in Canada. They still haven't implemented this new time limit, but it will tighten the amount of time I have to apply for PR once I get there.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
stopDA said:
Well, the only change that really seems to affect me would be the reduction in the 4 year maximum stay in Canada. They still haven't implemented this new time limit, but it will tighten the amount of time I have to apply for PR once I get there.
I understand renewal of WP will demand LMIA irrespective of low or high skilled jobs.
How about the people who got lmo already. Can we file WP with lmo or does the employer need to apply for lmia now

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
stop DA ,

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE JOB CODES, LIKE MINE IS 6211..... pending applications in the Canadian high commission, before the moratorium?Huh? HOW THEY ARE GOING TO TREAT THEM......Huh??

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
Oh damn, the 2 year maximum is actually in effect. How are we supposed to apply for PR within that timeframe?