+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal work permit process time and requirements.

fathimapathu

Dec 15, 2020
I am Fathima. I am working here in Oman (Muscat). I have met a Canadian employer from Oman. He is ready to give an offer letter from his company to my husband. We know him personally, cent percent can be trusted. But, I have few questions to ask here in forum regarding the documents to be submitted. If you guys can help me with my queries, that would ease my process.
1. What is the procedure and time process to get an employment visa from a company if the employer is ready to give a work permit?
Here, the employer has approached an agency in Canada, and he got an information that it may take hardly 8 weeks. If so, will he get the online visa direct?
2. Is the process is same as the other provinces in Canada or is different in Montreal as it is in Quebec?
3. When will be the biometrics and medical to be done in this case?
4. If he get offer directly from him, is that mandate to take IELTS for issuing visa?
5. Any proof of fund should be shown?

kindly explain all these with better clarification. thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does the employer have an LMIA? Is the job LMIA exempt? If so what type of job? Just confirming that no money is being laid to get a job in Canada because that is considered illegal. Unfortunately it does happen but if you get caught it will likely have significant impact on your future in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am Fathima. I am working here in Oman (Muscat). I have met a Canadian employer from Oman. He is ready to give an offer letter from his company to my husband. We know him personally, cent percent can be trusted. But, I have few questions to ask here in forum regarding the documents to be submitted. If you guys can help me with my queries, that would ease my process.
1. What is the procedure and time process to get an employment visa from a company if the employer is ready to give a work permit?
Here, the employer has approached an agency in Canada, and he got an information that it may take hardly 8 weeks. If so, will he get the online visa direct?
2. Is the process is same as the other provinces in Canada or is different in Montreal as it is in Quebec?
3. When will be the biometrics and medical to be done in this case?
4. If he get offer directly from him, is that mandate to take IELTS for issuing visa?
5. Any proof of fund should be shown?

kindly explain all these with better clarification. thank you in advance.
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/work-temporarily/temporary-foreign-worker-program/program-overview

1. See link. You need provincial and federal approval. Employer will have to prove that no one in Canada could be hired, only your spouse. So they need to prove that and will file for a LMIA at the federal level.
2. You need provincial approval too. See link.
3. Once you have Quebec approval and federal LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. You will be asked for medical and biometrics during the process.
4. Include IELTS and TEF if working in a position that will require language skills.
5. You should show some funds that you can settle in Canada as it is expensive to set up a new home.