+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal VO Portal Timelines

Scorpio777

Sep 7, 2023
Portal 1 - is an email from the VO that requests information from the applicant and their dependents that will be put on the portal system where you can “Confirm” your permanent residency.

Portal 2 - is the email with the log-in information of the IRCC Portal Account that will have the Confirmation of Permanent Residence tab where the approved applicants will declare their presence in Canada, submit an address where your PR Card will be delivered and upload a photo to be used for your PR Card application.

eCOPR - will be available to download in the same tab as the confirmation of permanent residency in the ircc portal (usually found at the very bottom of the page) as soon as the VO signs it and confirms your pr status in Canada.

PR Card - will be mailed on the address that you have provided in the portal. There is no separate application for the first pr card. It’ll automatically be submitted as soon as you get your eCOPR.

As for timelines on when you should expect it, it really varies depending on the officer that was assigned to your file.

Decision Made to Portal 1 can vary from a couple days to at least 3 weeks.

Portal 1 to Portal 2 can take between 2 to 6 weeks.

Portal 2 to eCOPR can take at least a week.

eCOPR to PR Card can take from 36 days to 60 + days depending if they approve your photo or not.
Thank you, it was very helpful.

Reactions: odaissax

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Posting on behalf of my friend
Aug 21 PR Approved per inquiry to CIO Sydney
Aug 23, Outland Spouse got RFV from CIO Sydney
Inland Primary did not get Portal 1 Email [ Pre Portal ]

Calls to IRCC Reveal Portal 1 was sent Aug 23 but nothing was received
Spouse sends Passport to Stamp and awaits decision
Inland Primary calls IRCC Daily - Aug 25th Request placed to resend Portal 1

Aug 28 - VO Montreal acknowledges
Sep 8 - Inland Primary received Portal 2 !

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys, I received portal 1 email today and replied back but I haven't received any auto reply email back from IRCC. Should I reply again or that's normal?
Posting on behalf of my friend
Aug 21 PR Approved per inquiry to CIO Sydney
Aug 23, Outland Spouse got RFV from CIO Sydney
Inland Primary did not get Portal 1 Email [ Pre Portal ]

Calls to IRCC Reveal Portal 1 was sent Aug 23 but nothing was received
Spouse sends Passport to Stamp and awaits decision
Inland Primary calls IRCC Daily - Aug 25th Request placed to resend Portal 1
Aug 28 - VO Montreal acknowledges
Sep 8 - Inland Primary received Portal 2 !

Rony97

Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys, I received portal 1 email today and replied back but I haven't received any auto reply email back from IRCC. Should I reply again or that's normal?
Received Portal 2 Email on September 12. Pic and info uploaded. Waiting for the ecopr to be generated and finally the pr card. Hopefully others will get their portal emails soon. Hang tight!!

Reactions: Lilly9795

Scorpio777

Sep 7, 2023
hi.
i have received portal 1 on 27 july and still waiting for portal 2 email.... what to do??? ALREADY called 10 times , sent reminders 3 time sent webform as well......
I’m not sure honestly, my consultant told me it takes 1-4 weeks for portal 2 email and anywhere between copr. What did they tell you when you called them? You have clearly been waiting for longer than 4 weeks. Also which is your VO? Mine is Montreal.

I got portal 1 sep 1 and portal 2 sep 9 and still waiting for copr.

Scorpio777

Sep 7, 2023
Yes, my PR portal still says in review for the photo. I didn't receive any update about it being approved or mailed out. I just found it when I went to check my mailbox.
Congratulations, that great to hear! Did you get your copr though? I’m still waiting for copr, confirmed portal 2 details on Sept 11!

Reactions: Lilly9795

Lilly9795

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Congratulations, that great to hear! Did you get your copr though? I’m still waiting for copr, confirmed portal 2 details on Sept 11!
Yes, I got eCoPR on August 30 through the PR portal. Did you check your PR portal to see if it's available for download?