+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal VO Portal Timelines

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
same here.. my dependents passport was sent back to them without stamp because i can't do the virtual landing because i don't have the portal log in information yet...
Oh god this is just so excruciating !!! Nov 12, 2023 is the COPR expiry here and no clue how to navigate

heybumblebee

Aug 22, 2023
been waiting for portal 1 email since Aug 10. On Aug 10 COPR doc number show up in my tracker account. Called IRCC on Aug 15 and the agent said the portal 1 email was sent on Aug 10 and they have requested to resend the portal 1 email. No updates since then.

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
been waiting for portal 1 email since Aug 10. On Aug 10 COPR doc number show up in my tracker account. Called IRCC on Aug 15 and the agent said the portal 1 email was sent on Aug 10 and they have requested to resend the portal 1 email. No updates since then.
did you check other folders (spam/junk) sometimes it ends up there. Do you know which VO sent the portal email?

heybumblebee

Aug 22, 2023
did you check other folders (spam/junk) sometimes it ends up there. Do you know which VO sent the portal email?
Yup, I did checked all mail boxes. The agent on the phone told me PV is CIO and SV is Montréal. The agent also said the email was sent by Montréal.

Rony97

Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys, I received portal 1 email today and replied back but I haven't received any auto reply email back from IRCC. Should I reply again or that's normal?

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Hi guys, I received portal 1 email today and replied back but I haven't received any auto reply email back from IRCC. Should I reply again or that's normal?
it’s definitely normal. Sometimes it gives autoreply and sometimes it doesn’t. I would wait a week before replying again if they haven’t responded or anything.

Reactions: Rony97

Lilly9795

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hi guys,

Has anyone received their PR card recently? Just wondering how many days it took.
I read the processing time is 36 days.

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Hi guys,

Has anyone received their PR card recently? Just wondering how many days it took.
I read the processing time is 36 days.
We haven’t received ours. We got our eCOPR on Aug. 2. It has been 37 days since then, no ghost update or anything in our CIC account. Portal still says in review.

Reactions: Lilly9795

Scorpio777

Sep 7, 2023
So what is portal 1 and portal 2 exactly? I only heard that you get 1 portal login and you fill your details and then you get ecopr and then pr card. What is portal 2 for?
Also got approval email on Sept 1 and no portal email yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Vo is montreal!

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
So what is portal 1 and portal 2 exactly? I only heard that you get 1 portal login and you fill your details and then you get ecopr and then pr card. What is portal 2 for?
Also got approval email on Sept 1 and no portal email yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Vo is montreal!
Portal 1 - is an email from the VO that requests information from the applicant and their dependents that will be put on the portal system where you can “Confirm” your permanent residency.

Portal 2 - is the email with the log-in information of the IRCC Portal Account that will have the Confirmation of Permanent Residence tab where the approved applicants will declare their presence in Canada, submit an address where your PR Card will be delivered and upload a photo to be used for your PR Card application.

eCOPR - will be available to download in the same tab as the confirmation of permanent residency in the ircc portal (usually found at the very bottom of the page) as soon as the VO signs it and confirms your pr status in Canada.

PR Card - will be mailed on the address that you have provided in the portal. There is no separate application for the first pr card. It’ll automatically be submitted as soon as you get your eCOPR.

As for timelines on when you should expect it, it really varies depending on the officer that was assigned to your file.

Decision Made to Portal 1 can vary from a couple days to at least 3 weeks.

Portal 1 to Portal 2 can take between 2 to 6 weeks.

Portal 2 to eCOPR can take at least a week.

eCOPR to PR Card can take from 36 days to 60 + days depending if they approve your photo or not.