+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

lance494

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
It was actually VFS Los Angeles. I always mix them up.

In my letter, IRCC only included a link to the VFS website. Their website was vague so I emailed them on the submission process. They have several steps to go through, each step was said to take 1-3 business days, so that was a little concerning.

They sent me an invoice ($88.40) and created the return shipping label. I just dropped my documents off at FedEx and I was able to track it. VFS sent another email with a different tracking ID to say that they had sent my documents to IRCC (Not sure what VO). The tracking ID showed me when IRCC received it. That's the latest update I see when I track.
Hi! Congrats! Since you live in the US, I wanted to ask how did you get your photos taken? Rather where did you take it? From Walgreens/ CVS or from a professional photographer? If photographer, did they give you the picture as per the specifications? Just curious!

Abhishek1681995

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Is there anyone here whose all stages passed in june and july from montreal vo and still waiting for portal email? Please see my timeline,
Aor Feb 24
Medical passed -april 10
everything passed -july 15

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Hi! Congrats! Since you live in the US, I wanted to ask how did you get your photos taken? Rather where did you take it? From Walgreens/ CVS or from a professional photographer? If photographer, did they give you the picture as per the specifications? Just curious!
Thanks. I took it at CVS. Although they were reluctant, all they had to do was change the computer settings to 'Canada'. Their cutter is customized for US type passports only, so I used a pair of scissors to cut it myself.

Reactions: lance494

lance494

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
AOR Sept 2019 | CoR: USA | FSW-O
My initial VO was Ottawa but I got married earlier this year and added my spouse to the application. I then found out that my file was moved to Montreal. She got her medicals cleared in July 2021.
They requested her biometrics on Oct 8. Biometrics was given on Oct 12.
I got a re-medical request on Oct 22, I got medicals passed on Nov 02.
Got a ghost update on Nov 03.

I guess the waiting game begins now!

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
@Deepa52 can you confirm if you got a ghost update a few hours ago. We’ve got similar AOR and VO
Someone also from VO Montreal posted that they got a ghost update today too.
"I received a ghost update, FSW Inland AOR December 22, 2020.
Would anyone know what this means, thank you"

My own AOR is also Dec, but I have a representative and I don't get emails directly from the IRCC, so I never know if there are GUs.

Last edited:
Reactions: klausmike

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Everyone got a GU today. Probably a glitch or a batch of files got opened
Hoping for the second hypothesis!

I think everyone I saw that got a GU today and knew their VO was from Montreal and AOR around Nov/Dec 2020.
I remember a similar batch of GUs happened for Montreal AOR Oct/Nov 2020 at the very beginning of October and some of them got good news not long after that.

I wish the same is happening now for Nov/Dec 20 Montreal folks :)

klausmike

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hoping for the second hypothesis!

I think everyone I saw that got a GU today and knew their VO was from Montreal and AOR around Nov/Dec 2020.
I remember a similar batch of GUs happened for Montreal AOR Oct/Nov 2020 at the very beginning of October and some of them got good news not long after that.

I wish the same is happening now for Nov/Dec 20 Montreal folks :)
I am honestly hoping so.

Reactions: JSF

grace2268

Jan 23, 2021
FSW-inland
*Update* I got a GU on Nov. 9th

My AOR: 16th Jan 2021
Medical: passed
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Info Sharing : Completed
VO: Montreal

Reactions: klausmike

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
ANy FSW inland ( Dec-2020 onwards) with Montreal VO; and eligibility passed????
The last time I got notes (at the end of Sept/21), it wasn't.
I requested it again a few weeks ago. Still waiting for their answer. I'll keep you posted.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
FSW-inland
*Update* I got a GU on Nov. 9th

My AOR: 16th Jan 2021
Medical: passed
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Info Sharing : Completed
VO: Montreal
When did you request and get the last notes?