+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Veena123

Oct 4, 2021
If you requested the long version of GCMS notes (100+ pages), scroll all the way down to the last few pages until you see "NOTES", there should be a paragraph under "Text", that is where an assistant or an officer put down their comments. I am no expert of GCMS notes but my guess is, if you could only see "program assistant" but no "officer" in that text, and the content only declares basic stuffs like reviews on your CRS score, language, education, R10 ok, etc, then your case hasn't been assigned to any officer yet. But Montreal is different, maybe some officer is working on you case but he/she just didn't update the notes.

I see you've waited for 7 months already, did you find any "review required" tag in your GCMS notes?
Hai
I just got my gcms notes and I saw that review required in biometrics
Do you have any idea regarding this

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Thats strange… Keep us posted on what timeline they give you for CoPR
Saw the counterfoil update today. COPR valid through September 2022. VAC was pretty quick with the delivery and I did not expect the counterfoil update this fast as well. Now I am waiting for VAC to receive my passport back and the Fedex return label activated

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Saw the counterfoil update today. COPR valid through September 2022. VAC was pretty quick with the delivery and I did not expect the counterfoil update this fast as well. Now I am waiting for VAC to receive my passport back and the Fedex return label activated
Wow Man 4 days ? Where do you live in US ? NY ?

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Wow Man 4 days ? Where do you live in US ? NY ?
I know right. I was so shocked myself. Sent it to VAC on 26th, VAC sent it to IRCC on 27th and I got notification that IRCC received it on 28th. I was honestly waiting for about 2 weeks from yesterday to get the counterfoil update. But I was so curious, so I kept checking my portal. Technically, it's about one day, since IRCC only received my passport yesterday.
I live in NE.

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
I know right. I was so shocked myself. Sent it to VAC on 26th, VAC sent it to IRCC on 27th and I got notification that IRCC received it on 28th. I was honestly waiting for about 2 weeks from yesterday to get the counterfoil update. But I was so curious, so I kept checking my portal. Technically, it's about one day, since IRCC only received my passport yesterday.
I live in NE.
When you say you sent to VAC; it is like VAC ottawa ?

How did you track all this ?

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
When you say you sent to VAC; it is like VAC ottawa ?

How did you track all this ?
It was actually VFS Los Angeles. I always mix them up.

In my letter, IRCC only included a link to the VFS website. Their website was vague so I emailed them on the submission process. They have several steps to go through, each step was said to take 1-3 business days, so that was a little concerning.

They sent me an invoice ($88.40) and created the return shipping label. I just dropped my documents off at FedEx and I was able to track it. VFS sent another email with a different tracking ID to say that they had sent my documents to IRCC (Not sure what VO). The tracking ID showed me when IRCC received it. That's the latest update I see when I track.

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
It was actually VFS Los Angeles. I always mix them up.

In my letter, IRCC only included a link to the VFS website. Their website was vague so I emailed them on the submission process. They have several steps to go through, each step was said to take 1-3 business days, so that was a little concerning.

They sent me an invoice ($88.40) and created the return shipping label. I just dropped my documents off at FedEx and I was able to track it. VFS sent another email with a different tracking ID to say that they had sent my documents to IRCC (Not sure what VO). The tracking ID showed me when IRCC received it. That's the latest update I see when I track.
This is nice. I wish mine (Whenever it comes) is also through VFS only.

enya

Sep 30, 2021
Hey guys, I just received this reply to my webform, does it mean they actually started eligibility or is it just a generic response?

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your online account."

my AoR is Feb 15,2021
Med passed: March 2
CEC, single applicant, inland
CIO then file currently at Montreal

Should I expect golden email soon?
Hi, I have the similar time line as you, Anyupdate?

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi, I have the similar time line as you, Anyupdate?
Nope, I’m not expecting anything from them. I think I will end up like the others waiting for more than a year for their files to be processed. IRCC should be dismantled. Bunch of lazy bureaucrats