+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Yash1192

May 7, 2021
Hello, just created an account today to give back to the community.

I got my ITA in Feb 2020, AOR on April 18, 2020 as FSW-O (USA, on H-1B, single no dependents). Have been requesting GCMS Notes since my application passed the 6-month mark (3 so far, the 3rd one has not arrived). There has been literally no movement whatsoever on the GCMS Notes since last December. It has always been:

Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV: [blank]
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime: [blank]
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation: [blank]
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: [blank]
Final: [blank]

I never got any ghost updates. After seeing my application marked RR with NO reason or concern listed, I submitted more documents regarding my work experience in Dec 2020 via webform (nobody asked me to). I did answer Yes to one of the stats questions (visa refusal to the US once), hence Montreal office. The Notes did say something about no mention of 6-month average balance so I printed more bank statements, merged all files and sent them via webform, also in Dec 2020.

That's about it. No movement, no news, until today a message in my mailbox with the medical pass extension and PPR.

Good luck to everyone that's still waiting!
Congratulations!

Reactions: bananapie

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Hello, just created an account today to give back to the community.

I got my ITA in Feb 2020, AOR on April 18, 2020 as FSW-O (USA, on H-1B, single no dependents). Have been requesting GCMS Notes since my application passed the 6-month mark (3 so far, the 3rd one has not arrived). There has been literally no movement whatsoever on the GCMS Notes since last December. It has always been:

Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV: [blank]
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime: [blank]
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation: [blank]
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: [blank]
Final: [blank]

I never got any ghost updates. After seeing my application marked RR with NO reason or concern listed, I submitted more documents regarding my work experience in Dec 2020 via webform (nobody asked me to). I did answer Yes to one of the stats questions (visa refusal to the US once), hence Montreal office. The Notes did say something about no mention of 6-month average balance so I printed more bank statements, merged all files and sent them via webform, also in Dec 2020.

That's about it. No movement, no news, until today a message in my mailbox with the medical pass extension and PPR.

Good luck to everyone that's still waiting!
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation. No change since December 2020. Also answered 'Yes' to stat questions. Hopefully this means our files are being worked on regardless of GCMS notes. Do you plan to land anytime soon?

bananapie

Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation. No change since December 2020. Also answered 'Yes' to stat questions. Hopefully this means our files are being worked on regardless of GCMS notes. Do you plan to land anytime soon?
They seem to be working on the files in order. Good luck! I'll probably land early next year to start accumulating the days. Seemingly neverending journey ;).

Canada?

Mar 14, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
AOR Nov 2018.
residency :USA
primary office: Montreal
Citizenship: INDIA

June 2019--PFL
replied immediately

GCMS: sep 2019
nothing started

no status change in 2020, no updates

send web form in april 2021
got remedical in april 2021, ppr May 2021.
june online status changes to approved and now security status showing completed in april 2021.

copr with passports stamped june 2021.

Yash1192

May 7, 2021
AOR Nov 2018.

June 2019--PFL
replied immediately

nothing started

june online status changes to approved and now security status showing completed in april 2021.

Damn! They took so long!! Kudos to your patience buddy !! Congratulations !!!

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
AOR Nov 2018.

June 2019--PFL
replied immediately

nothing started

Can you specify what PFL was for ? Montreal office is scary

winwa0216

Jun 11, 2021
Hi all, here is my timeline. all passed today

Review of eligibility
  • June 25, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • March 20, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 22, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • June 25, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • June 25, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.