+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes :Could you also please advise me regarding my POF in GMS"SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $27698, as per CHASE statement at 2020-04-01; Family of 2 requires CAD $16 135 NOTE: NO MENTION OF THE AVERAGE BALANCE FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS"
Hi, for POF see the requirements at the link below, see if all the requirements were met when submitting the POF?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

crjusuf

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Indonesia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
Congratulations dear... if you don’t mind can you plz share the exact date when your medical got extended???
Sure, I got a notification that I passed my medical on November 6 (no new medical info submitted), then got the PPR on the same day. I'm guessing passing the medical is the requirement/trigger before PPR is issued?

Reactions: @@@@

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Sure, I got a notification that I passed my medical on November 6 (no new medical info submitted), then got the PPR on the same day. I'm guessing passing the medical is the requirement/trigger before PPR is issued?
thank you ....my medical also extended on nov 6....still waiting for copr ...

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Mine was extended on 29th Sept'2020. still waiting for CoPR from ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :(
Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 29, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mine was extended on 29th Sept'2020. still waiting for CoPR from ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :(
Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 29, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Hopefully they'll send it very soon! Fingers crossed.

sam480

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, for POF see the requirements at the link below, see if all the requirements were met when submitting the POF?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
The bank document which I submitted has the below details,Please find the below link of the document
https://pasteboard.co/JBWxzn3.jpg

Account holder name:
Account type:
Account open date:
Current Balance : 20K
Average balance for 12 months: 12k USD

Should I use a webform and update the POF with a document which mentions 6 months average balance instead of 12 months average balance ?

And regarding 6 months average balance I heard different answers,
Is it overall 6 months average balance or month by month average balance for the last 6 months

1)6 months average balance :
or
2)Average balance for may, average balance for June,average balance for July etc

Last edited:

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Still, waiting for PPR...what is happening in Montreal?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The bank document which I submitted has the below details,Please find the below link of the document
https://pasteboard.co/JBWxzn3.jpg

Account holder name:
Account type:
Account open date:
Current Balance : 20K
Average balance for 12 months: 12k USD

Should I use a webform and update the POF with a document which mentions 6 months average balance instead of 12 months average balance ?

And regarding 6 months average balance I heard different answers,
Is it overall 6 months average balance or month by month average balance for the last 6 months

1)6 months average balance :
or
2)Average balance for may, average balance for June,average balance for July etc
I also used the same letter from Chase as POF for a family of two. My average for 12 months was under the amount required, but the current funds were over and my 6 months balance was over the requirement as well. I explained in LOE when applying and I haven't had any issues. This is an excerpt from my LOE:

"4. Proof of Funds

Chase Bank would not provide us with a 6-month average per their regulations. Attached to the bank letter, you will find the six most recent bank statements. The 6-month average amount of the bank account is: US$XX,XXX.XX.

If you need any more documentation, I’m fully willingly to provide them."

Hope this helps!

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all. I’m January 2019, inland. 2 non- accompanying dependants. Got SA 24 April 2020. My file was transferred to Montreal 7 may, 2020, for further assessment , in somewhere in August 2020 bar changed from “in progress” to “application received “ after that no update. Did biometric in the beginning, Did medical 2019 October, alone, they asked only me, was think they will ask re-medical, but my bar show me “we are reviewing results of medical exam”, before was “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes”. Eligibility under review, Background in progress, security I don’t know. Did they really review my medical? What’s the next in my case? Don’t understand what next, what happen? Please help to understanding! Did the gsmc note (not web form) week ago first time, was calling - all required docs in case that time, can somebody advice or word support is fine too. Thank for all, good luck.
It would be good if you sort out your questions, from what I read, it is pretty confusing. I don't know if your AOR was January 2019, and then your Medicals were passed (MEP) on October 2019. Were those re-medicals by chance? What happens now is that your medical files get sent to the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) for a re-assessment and they decide if you need to take the medical exams again or if they just extend your medicals expiration date further into the future (i.e. they give you an extra 6 to 12 months). When they are sent to the RMO your status changes to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Eligibility is passed in two stages, but you don't know on which stage your application is. If your medicals were passed before, they probably don't matter to your eligibility at this point.

If you are indeed AOR January 2019, I highly suggest waiting for your GCMS notes. Hopefully they'll come soon and you'll have more information on your application and why has it taken so long to process. Good luck!

Reactions: xan

sam480

Nov 17, 2020
I also used the same letter from Chase as POF for a family of two. My average for 12 months was under the amount required, but the current funds were over and my 6 months balance was over the requirement as well. I explained in LOE when applying and I haven't had any issues. This is an excerpt from my LOE:

"4. Proof of Funds

Chase Bank would not provide us with a 6-month average per their regulations. Attached to the bank letter, you will find the six most recent bank statements. The 6-month average amount of the bank account is: US$XX,XXX.XX.

If you need any more documentation, I’m fully willingly to provide them."

Hope this helps!

I reached out to chase yesterday,They provided me the letter with the below details
  • Account Owner(s):
  • Account Type: Checking
  • Account Number:XXXX
  • Open Date:XXXX
  • Current Balance:16400USD
  • 6-Month Average Balance:12800USD
  • 12-Month Average Balance:14000USD
The reason I want to update POF through webform is my GCMS has the below

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $20000, as per CHASE statement at 2020-04-01; Family of 2 requires CAD $16 135 NOTE: NO MENTION OF THE AVERAGE BALANCE FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS"

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I reached out to chase yesterday,They provided me the letter with the below details
  • Account Owner(s):

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $20000, as per CHASE statement at 2020-04-01; Family of 2 requires CAD $16 135 NOTE: NO MENTION OF THE AVERAGE BALANCE FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS"
That letter should clarify any doubts if there are any (which if you are recommended pass, there shouldn't be).

sam480

Nov 17, 2020
  • Account Owner(s):

@caipsnotes

sam480

Nov 17, 2020
That's great, send it over and include the statements as well, all the best
@caipsnotes
Sorry for bothering you,But could you please confirm the below

Regarding 6 months average balance I heard different answers,

Example 1
6 months average balance : 15000

Example 2
Average balance for may
Average balance for June
Average balance for July
Average balance for October