+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

MGNCMA

Aug 1, 2018
Your AOR is Dec 2019. Even pre Covid Montreal used to take average of 6-8 months to process applications. This is when other VOs were processing applications in 3-4 months. It is very difficult to say what processing times may be in these circumstances. But with Montreal its always good to assume application will take atleast 8 months in a good case scenario.
Right. You're time will come. It only prolongs if they are checking additional details. My AOR was June 29. I got COPR May 29. 11 months. I also got hired by a new company with a permit expiring 1 month out. So continue looking and keep going. We all go through the journey just have to keep your spirits up.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you for the info, I looked at this today from immitracker today and yes, average wait is 8.6 months. Is there a known reason why people outside Quebec has as VO the one in Montreal? Is because they speak also French?
No there is no particular reason. They just assign cases to different VOs based on workload and it is done automatically so files are randomly assigned to VOs. In some cases files may be sent to specific VOs but most likely your file being in Montreal is pure luck and random event.

Reactions: Jurafsky

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My AOR is 29-May-2019.

Big surprise on my account today, that my application is approved and COPR numbers got updated on my account as well. One year wait is over.

Final decision – 02 June 2020

Waiting for golden email.

My wishes to everyone to get PR soon who are all waiting. Montreal started clearing back logs I believe.

Thanks @cansha for clearing my doubts and giving hopes all the times.
Congrats!

Reactions: MGNCMA