+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha
I learned from the agent that my medicals have been extended for another year. This is like the ONLY good update I have in 8 months.
Does this show any positive sign regarding my application processing?
Positive is that you don't need to spend more money to get medicals done. And also someone looked at your file to extend medicals. Beyond that difficult to ascertain if it helps in getting PPR. But if someone looked at file it may be near.

Reactions: Kiara02

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to Montreal.
Apr/May AORs are now getting PPR so it might take a minute to get to you, given the trends.

Hi Everyone:
I received AOR on 13th June, 2019 and passed the medical on July 18th, 2019. I applied from the US and then moved to India in October. I notified CIC that I have moved to India in October itself. After 2-3 months of waiting, I got an email on 27th Jan, 2020 from CIC asking me to confirm my address in India. On the very same day, the profile changed to "Application/profile updated" for a few hours and then changed to "Submitted" again. I suppose that this is the ghost update. Do you know how long can it take to receive the passport request after the ghost update.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
my inland PR application is in process (Currently I am holding "Work Permit"). I have international travel plans for 1 month.
Just want to know, what happens in below scenarios -

1. PR gets approved (landing interview email from IRCC) before travel.
- 1.1 Does my work permit / temporary residence visa remains valid after inland landing interview email from IRCC and before the interview process is completed?
- 1.2 Can I postpone my landing interview by 1 month? - so that I can leave Canada and re-enter using work permit and TRV.
- 1.3 Do I need to apply for the travel document? if so can I apply it before leaving Canada?

2. PR gets approved when I am outside Canada.
- 2.1 Can I travel back to Canada using my existing work permit? then appear for an inland landing interview.

Thanks..
1.1 Yes visa is valid till you get PR status
1.2 possible but whether they will reply within time is tough to say
1.3 you can't apply prtd within Canada

2.1 yes

Reactions: ratan-229944

canadaappln

Feb 2, 2020
Well it appears the analyst who picked your file definitely needed more sleep. There are far too many things that s/he has misread and noted in your file. I think just raise a webform and address all the points in a document. This way whenever your file is picked by senior visa officer he would see explanation for your points.
Thanks for the replying. In the LOE, can I put the screenshots from the GCMS notes since am referring to the notes and providing an explanation,.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the replying. In the LOE, can I put the screenshots from the GCMS notes since am referring to the notes and providing an explanation,.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend that. It would look like you are pointing out mistakes and no one likes to be told they did a bad job. You can say you are providing more information based on GCMS notes.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
My AOR is June 15th and I am still waiting for my PPR. I claimed 50 points for a job offer. When I submitted my AOR, I had the job offer letter, but it was not in the format IRCC requested (the letter didn't mention that the job offer is permanent and valid for one year from PR). So I submitted my application with an LOE and the job offer letter that I had at that time. I moved to Canada later and I requested my employer to provide in the IRCC format and I got it and I submitted it on Oct 18th.

Here are my details
June 15th - AOR
June 16th - Moved to Canada
July 19th - MEP
Aug 8th - Application transferred to Montreal
Aug 9th - BIL
Oct 8th - Ordered GCMS notes
Oct 14th - Eligibility RR (came to know about it in Dec - still don't know for what. I am guessing it is for Job Offer letter)
Oct 18th - Proactively submitted Job Offer letter in IRCC requested format
Dec 15th - Ordered GCMS Notes again
Jan 9th - Submitted Web Form (They forwarded it to Montreal and Montreal responded a week later that it is in Queue for Final Review)
Jan 29th - Received GCMS response for the one filed on Oct 8th. I came to know that my R10 was passed and nothing else at that time.

Multiple phone calls in between.

Current Status
Criminality - Passed
Eligibility - RR
Security - Not Started

@cansha and other seniors, any suggestions? Is there something I could/should do? Please provide your thoughts

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello All,
I was asked to submit my passport for COPR on 8th of Jan 2020. However, I will have to be in India until Feb 16,2020 for my h1b stamping and other personal reasons. COPR was extended to be submitted by 1 March 2020. My medicals expire on 3 March 2020. If I submit my passport on Feb 17th, there is a little chance for me to land in canada by 3rd March,2020 i.e. before my medicals expire. Will IRCC extend my medicals validity or should I retake the medicals?

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
I found this on my GCMS notes.. But I'm not clear on what they are mentioning. Can anyone please clarify me

RECOMMENDATION: RECOMMEND PASS MI3 SUMMARY NOTES : CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS CRIMINALITY PA & SPOUSE EXEMPT FROM DOING BIOMETRICS BASED ON THE CURRENT POLICY AL1.2: APPEARS MET R87.1:CIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - APPEARS MET READY TO FINALIZE RPRF: COMPLETE

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys,

Just received my gcms notes and I saw something kinda off. Under the activities tab, it shows like this:

https://ibb.co/1RQYY8q

I'm a little bit worried about the CANCELLED. The last updates on my notes shows that I'm under RR for Elegibility due to my PENDING OUTSTANDING PC - even though it says there that they've received my RCMP Criminal Check. And also RR because of my partner's visa denial.

https://ibb.co/ZN7zg55

I'm a little bit confused about this. On page 2, the ASSESSMENTS says that I'm on Review Required for Eligibility, so I don't think they already cancelled my application, but I don't know what to think.

Any ideas?