+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Yup, as per gcms, my eligibility was recovered pass on Oct-03. But during next review, senior officer raised ADR for employment in Jan-09. The ADR was for below:
With original application, I submitted all the documents as requested, but as I work at client location, my HR does not know my responsibilities so they provided only basic employment letter (with salary, designations, etc). I asked my supervisor to provide me responsibilities letter but he refused so I took it from my senior colleague on a notarized copy among with his business card and company's ID card copy. I mentioned clearly my situation in detail on LOE but I think the officer wanted only on letterhead which even my supervisor was not authorised to use.
During ADR, I asked my senior supervisor to provide the letter and uploaded, so trying to be positive and expecting something good.
ohk .. thanks for the quick reply .. yess it should work :)

harinidev

Nov 7, 2019
Guys I just signed up to this group. I was a silent observer and many posts of this group helped me with my application. Here is my timeline:

No of people: 2 (Primary applicant and spouse)

AOR: June 28th 2019
Medicals Pass: July 27th 2019
Biometrics Completed: August 1st 2019
Requested for GCMS Notes on September 16th. Got a 90 day extension request.
Ghost update 1: October 23rd. Nothing changed.Called the service center and found out that the processing center is Montreal.
Called the service center again a couple of times in the next few months. I found that the officers had 3 concerns.
1. Statutory question about previous visa rejection: Student visa F1
2. Proof of funds for the primary applicant. As the funds were in the dependents account.
3. Employment eligibility for the first job claimed under work experience. The documents submitted did not have a job description.

Took a proactive step to submit a letter of explanation. Converted the bank account to a joint account and took a new statement. Explained that the student visa rejection is very common and does not depend on one factor. Also, the visa was later on approved. Took a new letter from the first employer with updated job description.

Completed the 6 months on December 28th 2019

Received the GCMS notes on Jan 17th (The one applied in September)
The notes had the same questions.

Ghost update 2: January 23rd 2020
No update in the account. No email.
Called the service center the next day. Found out that all stages were cleared.

Checked the account every single day after that and no updates.
Got an email this morning that there is a new message in the account.

Logged in.
PPR Letter: 4th February 2020

I hope this post helps someone who has a similar case. I personally think it is better to take a proactive measure to submit additional documents in case the officers have any concerns. Thank you all for posting useful information in this thread. Good Luck.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys I just signed up to this group. I was a silent observer and many posts of this group helped me with my application. Here is my timeline:

Ghost update 1: October 23rd. Nothing changed.Called the service center and found out that the processing center is Montreal.
Called the service center again a couple of times in the next few months. I found that the officers had 3 concerns.
2. Proof of funds for the primary applicant. As the funds were in the dependents account.
3. Employment eligibility for the first job claimed under work experience. The documents submitted did not have a job description.

Took a proactive step to submit a letter of explanation. Converted the bank account to a joint account and took a new statement. Explained that the student visa rejection is very common and does not depend on one factor. Also, the visa was later on approved. Took a new letter from the first employer with updated job description.

Logged in.

I hope this post helps someone who has a similar case. I personally think it is better to take a proactive measure to submit additional documents in case the officers have any concerns. Thank you all for posting useful information in this thread. Good Luck.
Congrats.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021

Logged in.

Congratulations. It brought smiles to my face.

K_mun

Apr 16, 2019
Hey guys! Got my PPR today. AOR was on 07/04/2019. Had an RR for a stat question which was cleared on 08/12/209. Got requested for a second medical on 03/01/2020.

Finally, got my PPR today after 303 days.

MIKEL88

Apr 14, 2018
I am AOR Feb 01 2019 same Montreal offic no PPR yet. Called IRCC agent countless number of time they said everything is passed just waiting for the approval letter, I pray It comes very soon.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Application Type: FSW - I
AOR: June 22
Medicals: July 24
VO: Montreal
Still nothing :(

I called CIC yesterday and they told me that our application is in Montreal and since 17 January our application is in queue for review?

Based on your experience what does that mean, and when do you think we should expect a news :(

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Hi,
my inland PR application is in process (Currently I am holding "Work Permit"). I have international travel plans for 1 month.
Just want to know, what happens in below scenarios -

1. PR gets approved (landing interview email from IRCC) before travel.
- 1.1 Does my work permit / temporary residence visa remains valid after inland landing interview email from IRCC and before the interview process is completed?
- 1.2 Can I postpone my landing interview by 1 month? - so that I can leave Canada and re-enter using work permit and TRV.
- 1.3 Do I need to apply for the travel document? if so can I apply it before leaving Canada?

2. PR gets approved when I am outside Canada.
- 2.1 Can I travel back to Canada using my existing work permit? then appear for an inland landing interview.

Thanks..

Jan 4, 2020
Hi Everyone:

I received AOR on 13th June, 2019 and passed the medical on July 18th, 2019. I applied from the US and then moved to India in October. I notified CIC that I have moved to India in October itself. After 2-3 months of waiting, I got an email on 27th Jan, 2020 from CIC asking me to confirm my address in India. On the very same day, the profile changed to "Application/profile updated" for a few hours and then changed to "Submitted" again. I suppose that this is the ghost update. Do you know how long can it take to receive the passport request after the ghost update.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi @cansha
I learned from the agent that my medicals have been extended for another year. This is like the ONLY good update I have in 8 months.
Does this show any positive sign regarding my application processing?