+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Check the request letter to be sure that you are eligible to give your bio-metrics in Canada. Some people have been told to leave canada to give their bio-metrics in the past.
Client Information: Please pay biometrics fees in the amount of $85CDN. Please note that the
application for permanent residence is considered as an overseas application, even though you are
currently residing in Canada. Therefore, as you are holding a visitor record in Canada, this
immigration document does not exempt you from providing your biometrics. This must be
received at this office by: 2019/08/02.

please help me to understand this, I need to pay fees before that date or I need to give biometrics before that date?
As I checked to book appointment for Biometrics in USA, available on 09/08/2019.
Please suggest?

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
That is telling you that as a visitor you cannot give your bio-metrics in Canada. Only certain people with Study and work permit are allowed to give their bio-metrics in Canada.
Client Information: Please pay biometrics fees in the amount of $85CDN. Please note that the
application for permanent residence is considered as an overseas application, even though you are
currently residing in Canada. Therefore, as you are holding a visitor record in Canada, this
immigration document does not exempt you from providing your biometrics
. This must be
received at this office by: 2019/08/02.

please help me to understand this, I need to pay fees before that date or I need to give biometrics before that date?
As I checked to book appointment for Biometrics in USA, available on 09/08/2019.
Please suggest?

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
I paid fees for Biometrics, let's see what happens next.
Passed Everything else.
Fingers crossed
You would most likely receive a letter requesting that you leave Canada for your biometrics. Same experience for my dependent. But I believe it’s a function of when your PR application was submitted and when you entered Canada on a Visitor’s record.
No worries, you can get it done in the US.

Reactions: oluwhite

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
You would most likely receive a letter requesting that you leave Canada for your biometrics. Same experience for my dependent. But I believe it’s a function of when your PR application was submitted and when you entered Canada on a Visitor’s record.
I am in a similar situation. My husband will be entering on open work permit and still his biometric for PR is pending.

Does he need to go back for biometric or only people on visitors visa need to go back?

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
I am in a similar situation. My husband will be entering on open work permit and still his biometric for PR is pending.

Does he need to go back for biometric or only people on visitors visa need to go back?
It depends. Initially when I received the request to pay for biometrics, I was stunned because my dependent had done her biometrics before coming in on a visitor visa (Visitor Record). But I was told that biometrics for PR was different (don’t know why though). So I guess the likelihood of your husband to be asked to leave for his biometrics to be done is high. And you would have to wait for the instruction for this as well. Mine wasn’t sent immediately med was passed - which is the norm for Outland applications. So it was super annoying to be receiving the ADR for this after 9months. But the moment it was done, my application took just one more week and was approved.

Last edited:

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Guys,

Did any of you got PPR?

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa office : Montreal
Days to completed 6 months tenure : 4 days
Criminality : In progress
Eligibility : Not started
Security : Not started

Wishing everyone speedy PPR!

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
I received BIL today. I booked appointment for Biometrics in Buffalo US in 2nd week of August. I don't know about they entertain Walk in biometrics or not. Another 2 weeks

Reactions: HFL2018

vermanavin22

Feb 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

Did any of you got PPR?

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa office : Montreal
Days to completed 6 months tenure : 4 days
Criminality : In progress
Eligibility : Not started
Security : Not started

Wishing everyone speedy PPR!
Did you call and checked the eligibility status? As I have called and my AOR is 2 months after yours and eligibility is recommended passed but nothing on online status. VO - Montreal, CEC Inland.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
I received BIL today. I booked appointment for Biometrics in Buffalo US in 2nd week of August. I don't know about they entertain Walk in biometrics or not. Another 2 weeks
You would have to check their website. But I am aware most USCIS offices are on appointment only. Not 100% sure though. Please check their website, it is normally stated on it.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Status update:

Finally got my COPR today. Family of 4. Landing interview took about 45 mins. Vancouver Visa Office is actually a really small office. And also caters for refugee immigration issues as well. The officer was extremely nice and helpful. Kept answering my questions for me (lol!).

Logged into my IRCC account to see that my application was finally approved. Linked my PR card request to my account. Also got my SIN updated at the Service Canada Office close by.

Will still be in touch through this thread to offer assistance where need be .

It takes a lot of patience, follow up and perseverance but it will all work out at the end.

Good luck and Godspeed!

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats once again! I stay in Vancouver also and can wait to be on the same boat as you
Status update:

Finally got my COPR today. Family of 4. Landing interview took about 45 mins. Vancouver Visa Office is actually a really small office. And also caters for refugee immigration issues as well. The officer was extremely nice and helpful. Kept answering my questions for me (lol!).

Logged into my IRCC account to see that my application was finally approved. Linked my PR card request to my account. Also got my SIN updated at the Service Canada Office close by.

Will still be in touch through this thread to offer assistance where need be .

It takes a lot of patience, follow up and perseverance but it will all work out at the end.

Good luck and Godspeed!