+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I am confused i called in this morning to get the status and the agent told me that my processing office if Vancouver. My GCMS notes display it as Montreal as the primary office.

Anyone experienced this before?
Well same with me..i called them this morning and got to know my file got transferred to Montreal..And my GCMS notes said my Primary VO Calgary.

Reactions: tuhadapeo

can_fah

Mar 29, 2019
Got my PPR finally after almost 9 months!!!

Timeline:
AOR - 11th September 2018
Medical Passed - 5th October 2018
IP2 - 14th May 2019
ADR for PCC India - 16th May 2019
Documents submitted - 24th May 2019
Ghost Update - 29th May 2019
PPR - 6th June 2019

Thank you everyone for this forum to keep everyone posted on updates/inquiries.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Well same with me..i called them this morning and got to know my file got transferred to Montreal..And my GCMS notes said my Primary VO Calgary.
I don't know who to trust. I remember him mentioning that the VO can change to the one local to my Country of Residence too (NY). So i'm thinking GCMS notes could be wrong too since the files move around a lot.

SID@1991

May 16, 2019
Got GCMS notes yesterday and it states my file got transferred to Vancouver office last month (the day after I ordered GCMS notes).

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
I am confused i called in this morning to get the status and the agent told me that my processing office if Vancouver. My GCMS notes display it as Montreal as the primary office.

Anyone experienced this before?
this before?
Yup same with me..i called them and got to know my file got transferred to Montreal..And my GCMS notes said my Primary VO Vancouver.

Gmax1987

Jun 7, 2019
Congrats.

What stream are you applying for?

Do you know if landing interviews are done for FSW? Or just for CEC or PNP?

I´m asking you this because my file is also now in Hamilton (previously it was in Montreal), but still in IP2.
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My application was moved from Montreal to Hamilton but I cannot find any forums for Hamilton Visa office. My application is still in IP1 and after I passed the medical it's been sitting in Montreal since Feb 1, 2019, and my AOR is Dec 22nd, 2018. Can you please share your updates thus far?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi people on the forum.
I wanted some experts to share their thoughts on this -

My AOR was Jan 18th 2019
I am applying from USA - Indian
I haven't heard back anything after medicals on Feb 28th .

Can you guys please provide some realistic timeline on when I may hear back from Montreal. I know they are slow but still.
My 6 months will ens on July 17th !!

Thanks.
Montreal takes at least 6 months to process files so chances of anything before mid July are minimal.

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hi all,
I have a question as my husband's application is also struck in Montreal.. He is currently in USA and applied in FSW-Outland category [Feb-15 AOR]

I am currently in Canada and wondering if my husband can move to Canada (he has a tourist visa) for next 3 months.
Seeing the delays with Montreal VO, we were thinking if he can move here quitting his job and stay with me until he gets his PR approved.
Can someone suggest if its a fair & safe option to consider, his Visa in USA is getting expired next month and seeing the delays we want to take this decision.

If that is permissible, would he be able to still send his Passport for stamping while in Canada as a tourist?

Thanks in advance..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,
I have a question as my husband's application is also struck in Montreal.. He is currently in USA and applied in FSW-Outland category [Feb-15 AOR]

I am currently in Canada and wondering if my husband can move to Canada (he has a tourist visa) for next 3 months.
Seeing the delays with Montreal VO, we were thinking if he can move here quitting his job and stay with me until he gets his PR approved.
Can someone suggest if its a fair & safe option to consider, his Visa in USA is getting expired next month and seeing the delays we want to take this decision.

If that is permissible, would he be able to still send his Passport for stamping while in Canada as a tourist?

Thanks in advance..
He can come to Canada on tourist visa but what is your plan after 3 months? Because unfortunately most likely your file will not get processed before October (at a minimum)

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
He can come to Canada on tourist visa but what is your plan after 3 months? Because unfortunately most likely your file will not get processed before October (at a minimum)
I think he can be here for 6 months after an entry as a tourist, so he might extend his stay if his PR processing is getting longer..
Can you please advise if he can send his passport for stamping and do landing while being a tourist?

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
I think he can be here for 6 months after an entry as a tourist, so he might extend his stay if his PR processing is getting longer..
Can you please advise if he can send his passport for stamping and do landing while being a tourist?
He can stay in canada on tourist visa but i dont think he can do the landing and passport stamping while being a tourist. As the requirements state that you need to inform ircc about your change in address where you have a valid visa status. So he might have to go back to his homecountry after the canadian tourist visa expires and submit the passport for stamping in home country.

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
He can stay in canada on tourist visa but i dont think he can do the landing and passport stamping while being a tourist. As the requirements state that you need to inform ircc about your change in address where you have a valid visa status. So he might have to go back to his homecountry after the canadian tourist visa expires and submit the passport for stamping in home country.
Ok, thanks for your reply. That clears our confusion..!

Reactions: Axwell

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Ok, thanks for your reply. That clears our confusion..!

Hello, I don't think he has to go back to his home country at all, I am in Canada on a tourist visa myself and I applied for an extension after 6 months, using my fiancee's address and providing proof that he will be responsible for my upkeep, my address was updated to the Canadian address and I received a letter from IRCC concerning the extension at this same address. I would expect to be able to land at te Canadian land border as IRCC is well aware of my new address.

Reactions: ameliegopu

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hello, I don't think he has to go back to his home country at all, I am in Canada on a tourist visa myself and I applied for an extension after 6 months, using my fiancee's address and providing proof that he will be responsible for my upkeep, my address was updated to the Canadian address and I received a letter from IRCC concerning the extension at this same address. I would expect to be able to land at te Canadian land border as IRCC is well aware of my new address.
Thanks for sharing this, in case of landing do you have US visa to complete the landing process? Because my husband's visa will be expired and he cannot enter US for PR landing. So thinking of option to going to home country and return back for PR landing.

jayPiyu17

Mar 19, 2019
Do you mean the IRCC call center agent requested for medical extension? or is it your consultant/attorney who requested for an extension? Did you get an update reg. your extension? I want to know under what circumstances can we request for medical extension and the process as I may also end up in such a situation because of Montreal :)
I never asked for medical extension. Just few days before i got my ppr email i had called and the ircc agent told me that since my medical is expiring in july the officer working on my file has forwarded my file for medical extension before taking final decision. I guess they internally might ask medical officer for medical extension if its possible in certain cases. If approved we get extension or get remedical request or copr valid till our current medical date.

Reactions: tuhadapeo