+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Hi guys,
Today I finally received the golden email!! I´m so happy that the long wait is over!
I´m an FSW-inland applicant (AOR 29th NOV), my application was in Montreal up until March/April ( I´m not sure because my notes haven´t arrived yet), but then it was transferred to Hamilton-On on May. Today, I received an email scheduling the interview for next week at Niagara Falls.
Thank you very much for this forum! Please, for those who are still waiting don´t lose hope!
Congrats

Reactions: acac_br

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi, congratulations on your approval. My timeline seems similar to yours. 2 months in Sydney, 4 months in Montreal, then transferred to Edmonton sometime last month. Received and responded to ADR about 2 weeks ago. Applied inland but now out of Canada due to visa expiry. My status from call last week says Review Required and the agent volunteered to put a note in my file calling for action.
Im just a little past 6 months but i'm still anxious, especially because of the Review required and i have no idea how Edmonton works. I was planning to wait for a few more weeks but do you think there's anything i can do to speed up the process or obtain more clarity?
I applied for GCMS notes nearly a month ago but i'm not sure it will cover the most recent information and another will take a month.
For inland, i feel the best way to speed up the process is to go to the MP.

You might want to still try reaching out to your MP office via email or phone. They are usually quite helpful.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hey folks,

Got the landing interview done today.

Here are my timelines:

AOR: August 10, 2018
Medicals: Sept 04, 2018
Notes 1 from November 2018: Eligibility - RR (No ADR neither did I upload any docs upfront)
Ghost update 1: March 20, 2019
Ghost updates 2, 3 and 4: May 15, 16 and 17, 2019
Landing interview invite: May 22, 2019
Interview, passport stamping, and COPR: June 4, 2019

Thanks to all yet again for your support and sharing experiences and good luck to those who are waiting.

Thanks,

Ankita19

Jun 3, 2019
In addition to emailing Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca about the delay in Montreal, let's also email CBC (torontotips@cbc.ca). Just include some general information about your case (timeline, time of transfer, etc.), although news organizations treat information as confidential anyways.

For other CBC locations:
https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-us/articles/115001700253-How-can-I-request-news-coverage-or-submit-a-news-tip-
Hi is this a valid email address to inquire for our application ? Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca . Also does some case officer reply to such emails.
Thanks in advance. I am thinking to email too. Going to reach 6 month mark soon without any news on my application.

hhcc14

May 17, 2019
Hi is this a valid email address to inquire for our application ? Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca . Also does some case officer reply to such emails.
Thanks in advance. I am thinking to email too. Going to reach 6 month mark soon without any news on my application.
no no no. Ahmed Hussen is the minister of immigration for Canada. This is email of his office. He won't be giving you case specific information. I was suggesting emailing him for complaints about the general unfairness of this entire process and the stress it causes (health impacts!).

Ankita19

Jun 3, 2019
no no no. Ahmed Hussen is the minister of immigration for Canada. This is email of his office. He won't be giving you case specific information. I was suggesting emailing him for complaints about the general unfairness of this entire process and the stress it causes (health impacts!).
Oh ok. lol. So are you emailing him then ?

Canada?

Mar 14, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Hi Guys,

MY VO is Montreal and AOR is Nov 19th.

I have got a procedural fairness letter today and asked me to explain/send documents relating to my emplyoment. My question is where should i upload the related documents in the MYIRCC account.

Please let me know.

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have got a procedural fairness letter today and asked me to explain/send documents relating to my emplyoment. My question is where should i upload the related documents in the MYIRCC account.

Please let me know.
Check your application portal, they will give you the option of uploading a document.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Procedural Fairness letters are serious issues and should be taking as such. If you are in Canada, I will suggest you reach out to your MP about this
Hi Guys,

Please let me know.

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
Have sent passports..yet waiting for COPR letter..our old medicals are valid till 23rd july but during our last call the agent said that medical extension was requested..so lets see how much extension we get.
Do you mean the IRCC call center agent requested for medical extension? or is it your consultant/attorney who requested for an extension? Did you get an update reg. your extension? I want to know under what circumstances can we request for medical extension and the process as I may also end up in such a situation because of Montreal :)

Ankita19

Jun 3, 2019
Hi people on the forum.
I wanted some experts to share their thoughts on this -

My AOR was Jan 18th 2019
I am applying from USA - Indian
I haven't heard back anything after medicals on Feb 28th .

Can you guys please provide some realistic timeline on when I may hear back from Montreal. I know they are slow but still.
My 6 months will ens on July 17th !!

Thanks.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I am confused i called in this morning to get the status and the agent told me that my processing office is Vancouver. My GCMS notes display it as Montreal as the primary office.

Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited: