+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Hi! Sharing my timeline with you guys if this could help you see how Montreal Visa Office is doing so far.

AOR- Oct 2 2018

Called CIC early this month- agent advised Eligibility Recommended Passed. Security not yet started.

No issues as per GCSM notes received earlier this month. Eligibility-Recommended Passed. Criminality- ongoing. Security- not started.

Well going 8 months in a week. Shall I expect PPR soon? or..? Please give me your thoughts.

Best regards to all!
It seems like a lot of people on this thread are getting their PPRs 8-9 months from their AoRs right now.
There's unfortunately nothing you can do to speed things up.

a14r

May 24, 2019
Hello everyone. Trust your day is going better than mine is...anyways....I just got some info and wanted to confirm. As an Inland with a US tourist visa. Being asked to do a biometrics for my dependent who is also presently in Canada. I was told that the US immigration might not let us into the country just for the purpose of the Biometrics collection. Please does anyone have any info on this? I have checked almost all the threads on Canadavisa and nothing close to this is mentioned. Though I saw a post by an Inland applicant who was informed later, that the biometrics wasn’t required any more.

*apologies for any typos. I am emotionally drained right now. And extremely tired of the whole process.
Hoping the following helps. When you go see the locations available for fingerprinting here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp, it also lists Canadian port of entries as places who can do them.

Haven't tried or know of anyone who has. If someone has used the POE option being within Canada, please chime in.

Reactions: HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hoping the following helps. When you go see the locations available for fingerprinting here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp, it also lists Canadian port of entries as places who can do them.

Haven't tried or know of anyone who has. If someone has used the POE option being within Canada, please chime in.
Thanks so much @a14r. I have seen this and booked an appointment for Seattle. Was informed yesterday that crossing the border to the US for the sole purpose of biometrics leaves a chance to be denied entry into the US. Just needed to confirm this information.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
"EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-11-12 Primary Occupation: NOC 4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants. EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master’s Degree: Master of Art Geography at MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND. 2010-09 to 2011-08 – Research Assistant (NOC: 4012) – at University of Ghana, Department of Geography and Resource Development. *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc# 255205569. NOTE: CAN NOT VERIFY THE ADDRESS OF THE UNIVERSITY ON THE OPEN GOOGLE SEARCH”

Can anybody tell me what this means?

I received my gcms notes yesterday and that's what Montreal case analyst had written on my file.
Hi there, it seems an easy fix. You can upload some official document that has the address with well explained LOE. Could you please share the rest of the comments?

Reactions: Oksamjackson

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi there, it seems an easy fix. You can upload some official document that has the address with well explained LOE. Could you please share the rest of the comments?
Thanks for your response. This was basically the only odd thing in the notes. All other stuff seemed normal.

AOR: November: 12, 2018
Transfered to Montreal: December 11, 2018
Eligibility: Review required
Security: Not Started
Medicals : Pass
Criminality: Ongoing

Reactions: earlybird2019

z_query

Jun 13, 2018
Hi everyone, what’s the email address to contact montreal visa office? It would be great if you can share it with me.

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
I am fsw-inland.

My file first started off in Sydney, they sent it to montreal after 2 months. In montreal it gathered dust for 4 months without being touched. Finally moved to Hamilton. I had an RCMP request. And once I submitted RCMP my file was approved in a week. however I went to my local MP to get my landing expedited. Otherwise was being told that it.might take 2-6 weeks from approval to get an appointment
Hi, congratulations on your approval. My timeline seems similar to yours. 2 months in Sydney, 4 months in Montreal, then transferred to Edmonton sometime last month. Received and responded to ADR about 2 weeks ago. Applied inland but now out of Canada due to visa expiry. My status from call last week says Review Required and the agent volunteered to put a note in my file calling for action.
Im just a little past 6 months but i'm still anxious, especially because of the Review required and i have no idea how Edmonton works. I was planning to wait for a few more weeks but do you think there's anything i can do to speed up the process or obtain more clarity?
I applied for GCMS notes nearly a month ago but i'm not sure it will cover the most recent information and another will take a month.

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Can't be
Hey @FindingAtm , of course I remember you and your situation.
My partner and I have submitted a CSE due to the change of residency (both address and contact info) after going back to our home country beginning of April, and later this week, I've reached CIC call-agent to check if they have updated the info - they did (in a weeks time after the submission), but not much else has changed in our process.
I had a chance to talk to a really lovely agent who said our case is still in Montreal, eligibility is RR, criminality in progress and security not yet started; she was kind enough to suggest to send a reminder to CIC agents to take a look at our app having already passed 6 months since AoR. When I asked her if there's still a note/ follow-up date (mid July) stated on our file, she went and checked it again. The agent said she'll send a reminder but there's a chance they will disregard it since there's still a note for July.
Since then, we haven't received any info or e-mail back - if I remember correctly, I think I've read people would get an (pretty much generic) e-mail back after a call-agent would nudge other agents to take a look at a file.

In the mean time, being a dependent on our PR file, I've applied for and gotten a (second) IEC work permit approved (yeeey!), so then we have decided that PA should apply as well. Who knows, we'll make sure to disclose every little thing in regard to previous refusals and our PR app to see if he might get a positive result as well. We really want to have an option to go back and continue with life we managed to build for ourselves there. I think we all know that starting from scratch and building even the most modest life somewhere completely new is a hell of an endeavour.

I hope your return wasn't too traumatic, and that you haven't lost hope.
To be honest, I find this period, being back home, extremely regretful (that we haven't gone back earlier, that we haven't submitted the app from here, that we came back without certain future plans in regard to Canada or knowing what is ahead of us here), but also I am quite excited to tackle and finish obligations I've postponed being away in Canada just waiting forever to get a decision on our PR app. I do hope we'll have a positive one mid July.

I wish you all the luck. I'll keep an eye on you/ will keep, you other folks, posted on our process.
Can't believe i'm just seeing your reply. I feel the same about applying inland, returning home and the uncertainty as well as the things left behind in Canada etc. It's all so convoluted. Congratulations on the work permit approval. I truly hope your application has progressed much further now (if you havent received PPR). There has been movement in my application but i think only PPR can actually solve this anxiety. I've moved to Review Required (due to the expiry of my status in Canada according to the call center agent. He was really kind as well). I received and responded to an ADR for proof of valid status in Canada so i sent my boarding pass, and stamp of entry into my country of residence. My file was also transferred to Edmonton. I'm not sure whether this was before or after the ADR.
I really hope they find a way to speed things up. This delay is too tasking.

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
Wanted to share this on montreal forum
FSW-O USA applicant
AOR: 16th Sept, 2018
File moved to montreal : 22nd Nov
No update till may 16, 2019
On May 16 background started update
PPR: 27th May 2019
So hang on there. Average waiting time after file move to Montreal is 6-7 months.
Until when is your medicals valid?

jayPiyu17

Mar 19, 2019
Until when is your medicals valid?
Have sent passports..yet waiting for COPR letter..our old medicals are valid till 23rd july but during our last call the agent said that medical extension was requested..so lets see how much extension we get.

hhcc14

May 17, 2019
Please join me in emailing Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca about this issue. With enough people, we can make him notice this very unfair issue with the Montreal backlog.
In addition to emailing Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca about the delay in Montreal, let's also email CBC (torontotips@cbc.ca). Just include some general information about your case (timeline, time of transfer, etc.), although news organizations treat information as confidential anyways.

For other CBC locations:
https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-us/articles/115001700253-How-can-I-request-news-coverage-or-submit-a-news-tip-

SID@1991

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone,
few questions:-

1. Which number you generally call to get an update/to inquire about your application? Whenever I call 1888-242-2100, there is always a rude Asian lady who just reads what I can see on the portal.

2. I crossed 6 months yesterday, ordered GCMS notes 20 days back. Any suggestion on how to know more about the PR application?

acac_br

May 13, 2019
Hi guys,
Today I finally received the golden email!! I´m so happy that the long wait is over!
I´m an FSW-inland applicant (AOR 29th NOV), my application was in Montreal up until March/April ( I´m not sure because my notes haven´t arrived yet), but then it was transferred to Hamilton-On on May. Today, I received an email scheduling the interview for next week at Niagara Falls.
Thank you very much for this forum! Please, for those who are still waiting don´t lose hope!

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats !
Hi guys,
Today I finally received the golden email!! I´m so happy that the long wait is over!
I´m an FSW-inland applicant (AOR 29th NOV), my application was in Montreal up until March/April ( I´m not sure because my notes haven´t arrived yet), but then it was transferred to Hamilton-On on May. Today, I received an email scheduling the interview for next week at Niagara Falls.
Thank you very much for this forum! Please, for those who are still waiting don´t lose hope!

Reactions: acac_br