+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
ITA - June 25 - 2018,
AOR - Spet 02 - 2018,
Medical/IP1 - Sept 25 & 26 - 2018,
First Call IRCC - Oct 21 - 2018 - Sydney Nova Scotia,
Second Call IRCC - Jan 18 - 2019 - File moved to Montreal VO,
Third Call IRCC - February 24 - 2019 - Eligibility Review Required,
GCMS - March 19 - 2019 - April 20 - 2019 Review for Stat 7 POF met,
Additional Docs - April 26 -2019 for POF confirmation of transaction,
submitted ADR/IP2 - April 30 - 2019,
ADR Not Applicable - May 1 - 2019,
Web Form - May 7 - 2019 Application Final Decision made,
Three times calls to IRCC couldn't remember when - Ultimately came to know that final decision as approved,
Landing Interview call - May 24 - 2019,
Landing Date and Loc - June 6 - 2019 & Etobicoke.
Congratulations!

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Interestingly enough, this might be the best time for MP office to get involved. After all, a decision has already been made, so why not give an appointment? This is the line of argument your MP office might use too.
46 days since approval, still no email.
Finally today I got my MP involved. Let's see what happens and if they can actually help speed things up a bit.

Reactions: smash1984

Illusionchafe

Dec 19, 2018
Finally today I got my MP involved. Let's see what happens and if they can actually help speed things up a bit.
Hello all.

I can see that a lot of you folks had your files approved, but no email on ppr. You all are planning to go to your local MP. What is the process for this, can I know the steps please. FYI, I don't have a clue on my file, no inputs from IRCC after medicals passed in Nov 2019. AOR 28TH OCT.

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
I have the similar situation. Can you please tell me what this MP being involved thing is?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hello all.

I can see that a lot of you folks had your files approved, but no email on ppr. You all are planning to go to your local MP. What is the process for this, can I know the steps please. FYI, I don't have a clue on my file, no inputs from IRCC after medicals passed in Nov 2019. AOR 28TH OCT.
Hi, it's very simple. Find out who the Member of the Parliament is where you live and call their office. Explain your case and they'll get in touch with IRCC to find out more details.
They will ask you to provide all the information such as: UCI, Application #, place and date of birth, address.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I have the similar situation. Can you please tell me what this MP being involved thing is?
Find out who your local Member of the Parliament is and get in touch. They'll be able to contact IRCC and request more info on why things are delayed or to ask on your behalf for things to speed up. I decided to do it cause the pressure at my work. I may lose my job if my status doesn't change soon, as they cannot legally put me in their budget past my WP expiry date.

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Find out who your local Member of the Parliament is and get in touch. They'll be able to contact IRCC and request more info on why things are delayed or to ask on your behalf for things to speed up. I decided to do it cause the pressure at my work. I may lose my job if my status doesn't change soon, as they cannot legally put me in their budget past my WP expiry date.
Hello there, I contacted my MP but they weren't helpful in anyway! They just confirmed the status I gave them and informed me that I had to wait till mid June for my file to be touched by an officer. I already passed the 6 months. My file was transferred from Montreal to Ottawa on May 7 and no progress has been done. I am literally angry at this luck game. It all depends on the officer who handles your case. No fairness at all.

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
That is terrible. Hopefully you will get it. You can try one more thing , get their fax or email from cic and contact directly.

Reactions: kattarrina

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Wanted to share this on montreal forum
FSW-O USA applicant
AOR: 16th Sept, 2018
File moved to montreal : 22nd Nov
No update till may 16, 2019
On May 16 background started update
PPR: 27th May 2019
So hang on there. Average waiting time after file move to Montreal is 6-7 months.

Nice one! Congrats! Just noticed we have the same file transfer dates of 22nd November, AOR 17th September (close). Inland applicant. Noticed a ghost update on the 21st of May and ADR request on the 24th.
Good luck in your endeavors.

Reactions: jayPiyu17

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Wanted to share this on montreal forum
FSW-O USA applicant
AOR: 16th Sept, 2018
File moved to montreal : 22nd Nov
No update till may 16, 2019
On May 16 background started update
PPR: 27th May 2019
So hang on there. Average waiting time after file move to Montreal is 6-7 months.
Congrats.
It'll be a long wait for me then.
It looks like it takes 8 months from AOR to get a final decision

Reactions: jayPiyu17

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hello @cansha, trust you well. I need your advise and that of the gurus in the house. I have just received an email from IRCC requesting for Biometrics for my dependent who is already residing here with me on a TRV. She already had her biometrics done last year and it’s updated on the PR application against her UCI number. Now, the letter states that if she is already in Canada then she has to leave to have her biometrics taken.
Is this normal. Did anyone else have thesame issue? This is extremely tiring.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hey I know this question is for @cansha but someone on the Whatsapp group has also had an issue like this an ultimately I think it is based on your cuntry of citizenship. The person was in canada and had to travel back home o get his fingerprints and so to answer your question yes, Isomeone has had that issue before
Hello @cansha, trust you well. I need your advise and that of the gurus in the house. I have just received an email from IRCC requesting for Biometrics for my dependent who is already residing here with me on a TRV. She already had her biometrics done last year and it’s updated on the PR application against her UCI number. Now, the letter states that if she is already in Canada then she has to leave to have her biometrics taken.

Reactions: HFL2018

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Can you raise a CSE with IRCC and re-check if this is accurate? It might be an error because I have heard of people being asked to leave and get biometrics done, but not sure if they had it already done before being requested again?

I was requested an RCMP check though.

Edit: Looks like this has happened to people

Reactions: HFL2018

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Here is my complete timeline - if it helps anyone:

FSW - US
AOR: 9/8/2018
Med completed (and biometrics requested): 10/3/2018
Biometrics completed: 10/11/2018
(Long silence)
RPRF: 12/23/2018
Transfered to Montreal: 12/23/2018 (workload redistribution)
(Longer silence)
PPR: 5/6/2019
Passport sent: 5/8/2019
Passport delivered to Ottawa: 5/9/2019 (as per FedEx tracker)
Account updated to approved (with counterfoil): 5/22/2019
Return FedEx activated: 5/25/2019
Passport/CoPR received: 5/28/2019

In sum:

Total time to PPR (from AOR): 8 months
Time from Transfer to Montreal to PPR: ~4.5 months
Time from RPRF to PPR: ~4.5 months

Never ordered GCMS, but called CIC 3 times since AOR and got nothing other than what was in myCIC account.

Good luck to all! :)

Last edited: