+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

May 15, 2019
Montreal is still processing applications from Sep / Oct. And from what we have seen thus far Montreal is slow and relatively sequential when it comes to processing applications. If the trend holds, unfortunately, the chances of you getting PPR before July are minimal. I would say if that is a decision making point for you then it would be better to assume no PPR by July and then make your decisions.

Things can always change and you may get it sooner but don't count on it as of today. All the best!
Makes sense. Appreciate the feedback.

Jen_arctic

May 14, 2019
That means your file was picked up after your initial notes were issued. You're right there was no way of you knowing this would happen. In most cases application are put in review required and languish in that state and hence ordering gcms notes helps. Seems like that wasn't the case with your file. But your course of action looks good to me. Upload documents again and keep your fingers crossed. I hope they reconsider. All the best.
Thank you cansha. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Montreal is still processing applications from Sep / Oct. And from what we have seen thus far Montreal is slow and relatively sequential when it comes to processing applications. If the trend holds, unfortunately, the chances of you getting PPR before July are minimal. I would say if that is a decision making point for you then it would be better to assume no PPR by July and then make your decisions.

Things can always change and you may get it sooner but don't count on it as of today. All the best!
Not sure they are done with August AOR yet as well. I am Sept and still waiting. Anyone with an idea of the AOR months receiving their PPR or interview emails lately?

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
I have a question to those who received their PPR and did a soft/hard landing.
Initially while submitting the documents last year, I had shown my POF from an American checking account since I was there at that time working.
Due to this entire process taking much longer than i had anticiapted, my USA visa expired and i had to move back to India. Therefore I transferred all the money from the american bank checking account to the indian bank account. I still do have the american bank account active since i had to receive some settlement funds at the time of leaving plus it was tax returns season.
Now my question is, while landing in Canada, do we have to show the statement from the same back account that we had shown initially or can we show another bank account to support the POF ? I do have all the proofs of money transfers for reference.
To be honest, I was not that confident to leave all that money in my account for "uncle sam" while I am not staying there any more.

Can anyone shed light on this please ?
thank you.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Initially while submitting the documents last year, I had shown my POF from an American checking account since I was there at that time working.
Due to this entire process taking much longer than i had anticiapted, my USA visa expired and i had to move back to India. Therefore I transferred all the money from the american bank checking account to the indian bank account. I still do have the american bank account active since i had to receive some settlement funds at the time of leaving plus it was tax returns season.
Now my question is, while landing in Canada, do we have to show the statement from the same back account that we had shown initially or can we show another bank account to support the POF ? I do have all the proofs of money transfers for reference.
To be honest, I was not that confident to leave all that money in my account for "uncle sam" while I am not staying there any more.

thank you.
It doesn't matter where you hold the money as long as you can clearly show them that you have enough as per min required.

Reactions: Axwell

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

thank you.
In almost 99% of the cases if you’re doing soft landing at Toronto airport you won’t be asked for pof. In most cases I have read those stories when people were doing soft landing at a land border. Having said that I don’t see any issues in you showing money in Indian bank account. And you have a valid reason to move the money. If you were still in USA I would have advised to keep the money in same account.

Reactions: Axwell

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
In almost 99% of the cases if you’re doing soft landing at Toronto airport you won’t be asked for pof. In most cases I have read those stories when people were doing soft landing at a land border. Having said that I don’t see any issues in you showing money in Indian bank account. And you have a valid reason to move the money. If you were still in USA I would have advised to keep the money in same account.
Hey @cansha hope you are doing well buddy! thanks for the input. I know I am jumping the gun here, but if i do get my PPR then i will be using the toronto airport for entry.

Reactions: cansha

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I got one ghost update on May 14 and one Account updated email alert on May 15. Nothing showed up in my account so far.
AOR Sep 12
If your eligibility is passed/rec.pass then maybe PPR is on its way. For my case (eligibility: RR), however, I am not sure because so far I've got three ghost updates, the first one (March 20) was followed by an email alert and last two have no email alerts.