+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Did you pass your med? I called the agent on that ip2 day of mine. She said it’s complete but no ppr given yet :(:(:mad: that’s why I asked to see if you are like that. Maybe they only give u ppr after u pass the meds.
So how long have you been in IP2 ? Once I resubmitted my medicals, within 3 days of it, the online status changed to pass and no changes after that, its been almost 2 months now where it says we are performing your background check. Now it worries me reading on the forums that people who are on this background check process for a while end up with an eternal timeline. probably its not the case but am just worried.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
So how long have you been in IP2 ? Once I resubmitted my medicals, within 3 days of it, the online status changed to pass and no changes after that, its been almost 2 months now where it says we are performing your background check. Now it worries me reading on the forums that people who are on this background check process for a while end up with an eternal timeline. probably its not the case but am just worried.
did you try to call cic? I did and they said all stages have passed but no ppr mail sent. Very frustrating!!!

can_fah

Mar 29, 2019
Hi. Does anybody knows if there was any PPR for September 2018 AOR? Anyone on the whats app group knows about it? I PM'ed @Adeife23 a couple of times but seems like he/she haven't got a chance to add me to the whats app group.

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hi Rain8. Sorry catching up on DMs and replies. hihi. I am also getting a "security error message" everytime and have been locked out of my account. :( Sharing my timeline below:

FSW-Inland
ITA: June 13, 2018
AOR: August 6, 2018 (Had to wait for some documents so it took us a few weeks to submit application)
Med Passed: August 27, 2018
Transferred to Montreal: September 27, 2018 (reason was workload re-distribution)
GCMS Notes 1: received December 2018
Submitted new documents because of RR (Employment docs)
GCMS Notes 2: received March 2019
Ghost Update: March 22, 2019
Called CIC: March 27, 2019 informed file was approved but to wait for 8-10 weeks for landing letter request
Called CIC again: April 3, 2019 was told that landing interview letter takes awhile. Montreal has to send request and transfer file to the landing office then landing office will send letter to you with the date, time and documents to bring.
Landing Interview Letter received: April 9, 2019
Landing Interview: April 24, 2019
Total Processing: 8 months and 18 days

After Medicals Passed, silence. Sent a CSE, it was confirmed my file was in Montreal so I ordered GCMS notes all throughout my application. First GCMS notes (Dec 2018), I saw that there was a concern with my job documents. As mentioned a few threads back and advised by seniors here, one really has to be proactive with their files so I contacted my former work colleagues and supervisor and requested for reference letters and a new employment letter plus a letter of explanation from me. I submitted it through CSE. Then after a few weeks I requested for another GCMS notes. Received it first week of March. It's good to wait a few weeks after submitting new documents to request for another set of GCMS notes. Note that they didn't request for additional docs, just sent it as I saw the Review Required on our file. The second GCMS notes confirmed that they received it. Then silence again. I started sending CSEs in a nice way :D to ask about the status of our file. Then around last week of March, I started calling regularly after seeing a ghost update on my online account.

What is your AOR? Wishing you good luck and please don't lose hope. It will come soon.

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks for replying @cad143 . My AOR is 7 September 2018 and file transfer date to Montreal is 1 Nov 2018.

Thanks for encouraging me to be patient. All the best for your journey once again .

shubhamtapadar

Dec 11, 2018
united states of america
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
We have opposite personalities lol. I didn't check for the first 6 months; I was working so I could easily distract myself. My work authorization expired in the US so I figured I would get the PPR email during my 60 day grace period. Now I'm back home but I can't work because I have to do 1 year of service before you can work (Even if I wanted to do that, the next start date is in June).
I haven't been home in 7 years and I can't even fully enjoy myself because I'm annoyed.

Sorry I went off on a tangent into a Rant (I really needed to vent I guess). Definitely not directed at you in any way shape or form.

Hey , I'm in the same position. My US work visa is going to expire in 2 months. BTW did you change your address india after landing back home. Your file could be transferred from Montreal to new delhi

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Hey , I'm in the same position. My US work visa is going to expire in 2 months. BTW did you change your address india after landing back home. Your file could be transferred from Montreal to new delhi
I'm Nigerian. Yes I changed it. I thought NDVO was also slow. I only want my file transferred if I'm getting PPR the same day it is transferred. I hit 9 months post AOR today and I don't want to go into a new queue.

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
It's sad to realize that people get to know whether they are in RR or Met in 3-4 months while we are sitting for almost 6 months with Eligibility not even started.

No offence to the previous poster :)
I guess the best you can do is to self audit the documents you sent. You might find documents that you can do a better job with and just have them ready. At the bare minimum that will help you kill time

shubhamtapadar

Dec 11, 2018
united states of america
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
I'm Nigerian. Yes I changed it. I thought NDVO was also slow. I only want my file transferred if I'm getting PPR the same day it is transferred. I hit 9 months post AOR today and I don't want to go into a new queue.
Oh ok..got it..All the best