+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

immigrate_to_canda

Jul 19, 2018
Hi What do you mean by IP1? is your Back Ground check status was Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check or We are processing Your Background check?
The time that you get your PPR, what was your BG status?
IP 1: We will send you a message when we start your background check
After PPR request : We are processing Your Background check

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
I just called CIC.. On May 19, I'll be crossing the 6-month deadline. No progress on my application.

I mentioned to the agent the new trend of 8-9 months for inland applicants (Montreal office) instead of 6 months and she confirmed it saying it's the workload that's stretching the processing time. I guess it's reality now. The new timeline is definitely 8 months for inland/Montreal applicants.

r39xu

Apr 8, 2019
Hi Guys, Jus called today and found out my file was transferred to Montreal office after the file was completed...
AOR Oct 25th,
My file was completed/approved on April 5th (confirmed by call center agent) , however no PPR letter yet.
Today I have passed my 6 month mark and called IRCC again. The agent told me my file is currently at Montreal. However, according to the GCMS notes I ordered in March, my primary VO is Calgary and secondary VO is Vancouver. Montreal is not showing anywhere in the notes.

I guess now I'll be looking at another 2 months till I get my PPR....

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
How long is the current trend for Montreal VO for opening the files for the first time after transfer? is it 3 months or 4 months or more :(?

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
I know it's so upsetting. They have done nothing on my file so far...
I had RPRF in December (3.5 months after aor), but nothing after that. I did relax a bit after the rprf (told myself that it is almost as good as approval and that ppr is near), but now confused about why it's taking this long.

Reactions: earlybird2019

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I had RPRF in December (3.5 months after aor), but nothing after that. I did relax a bit after the rprf (told myself that it is almost as good as approval and that ppr is near), but now confused about why it's taking this long.
At least it shows that they touch your file and did something.

Reactions: Maple7

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Can someone tell me what key numbers to press to speak to an agent ( Cic ) ...
I have not been able to speak to someone and I’m June 6th aplicant with no SA, AIP, no background check and I have 45 days left on my application .
Thank you for your response

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am so sorry for the very late reply. Got sick and just had our landing interview last Wednesday! :) I was almost teary-eyed and couldn't contain myself lol. But what matters is that, we just got out COPR and PR Card will arrive in 8-10 weeks. Hopefully, sooner. :) Hang in there everyone. There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. hehe

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am so sorry for the very late reply. Got sick and just had our landing interview last Wednesday! :) I was almost teary-eyed and couldn't contain myself lol. But what matters is that, we just got out COPR and PR Card will arrive in 8-10 weeks. Hopefully, sooner. :) Hang in there everyone. There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. hehe
Congratulations! Finally the wait is over for you Do you mind sharing the date when your file was transferred to Montreal? just trying to make a guess and give myself some hope!!

Reactions: cad143

Meghak

Sep 8, 2017
Hello all. We applied for PR via EE April 2018. We live in the US. We finished 1 year today and our medicals expired in March.
We got the GCMS notes last week. In the 2nd last note it says that last Nov, my husband the primary applicant - met the program requirements. After that the next update was in March 2019 where they requested new Use of Rep forms from our lawyers which we sent. During that time I think our application was suspended. We can't understand if they recorded that we meet the requirements all the way back in Nov 2018 - what is the hold up!?
Also we sent a webform on Monday through our lawyer to ask if it was still suspended. Now still waiting. We have been assigned to JC01006 and our office is in Montreal.
Thoughts anyone?