+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

primeTime83

Apr 4, 2019
Hi,
Checking in if anyone has good next steps for my case
I have an AOR date of OCt 7th 2018. When I submitted, my India PCC was not available. So I informed IRCC about the same.
Nov 7th they asked for the PCC and I uploaded the document on Nov 9th.
They did acknowledge the receipt of the document as well.

However its been 5 months since and no action has been taken on the application.

I called their call center and they asked me to be patient saying 20% of the cases do take additional time.

The case is being processed at Montreal.
Any one with a similar case and can shed light on what other options I have to followup on the case.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
PT83

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Finally got my interview request today ( after 8.5 months) at the Vancouver office. This thread has been a ray of hope through this long wait. Many thanks and good luck to all!

Timeline below:

FSW-I
AOR: July 24, 2018
Medicals passed & IP2: August 15, 2018
Application Approved : Feb 28th, 2019 ( According to GCMS notes)
Landing interview Notice: Apr 8th, 2019
Landing Interview date: May 8th, 2019

Cheers
Hi @gv58

May I ask when did your Background Check started? And any idea how many days from Background Check to PPR?

Thank you

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
oh wow congrats!
Based on that, I can see how slow Vancouver office is. Emmmmm so I have another 2~3 weeks of waiting...
Yeah from what I've heard, it's a very small office located at Hornby street in Downtown and I guess they are overwhelmed. You should be getting the request pretty soon.

Reactions: Wendy1112

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Since I'm Inland my background check went to " in process or IP2" on the same day as passing my Medicals ( Aug 15th, 2018).
Is that only for inland applicants or is it a Montreal thing? I'm US-based and I was also moved to "in process" or ip2 upon passing medicals.

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks @Canmatbay . Did you receive the ppr in your cic account? if so then did you get any email that there is an update in your account or you just logged in casually and saw your ppr?
Hi @Lyra,
Received an email that there is an update to your account.
When I logged in there was request letter in the profile.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
From background check to PPR varies depending on whether one is inland or Outland applicant.

For Outland applicants it has recently been very quick. For most within 2 days. For others within a week.

Much longer for inland appliicats unfortunately. Can't exactly point out an exave timeline but 2 months is not uncommon I believe.

Reactions: cansha

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Hey guys sorry for being MIA I travelled back home and I have been trying to get set up (I have a lot of respect for anyone that had to do an application from Nigeria or any country with slow/unreliable internet). I ordered my second set of GCMS notes and I need your help/advice.

The notes are 36 days apart and had about 4 pages difference between them. I am on review required for statutory questions and based on what people are saying in other forums (June and July AOR’s) you need to be proactive with RR’s. I have no idea what to submit to help (I had visa refusals for visitors visas to the US and UK when I was <18; I wasn't the principal applicant).

I am most concerned with the Selection EE-Econ status that changed from review required to cancelled. Does anyone know what ‘Selection EE-Econ’ means?

Here are the sections that are different in the 2 notes. I appreciate any help.

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility: Review Required

Security Not Started

Criminality: Passed

Medical: Passed

Info Sharing: In Progress

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT

Due Date: 2019/03/30

INCOMING

INCOMING: 2

Info about the first notes I ordered

Info about the times I called IRCC

APPLICATION

APPLICATION: 1

Field Name: Eligibility

Action: Updated

Old Value Not Started

New Value: Review Required

ACTIVITY

ACTIVITY: 1

Sub-Activity: Selection-EE Econ

Field Name: Status

New Value: Cancelled

ACTIVITY: 2

New Value: Not Started

ACTIVITY: 3

New Value: Review Required

ONLINE PROPERTIES

Updated Date: 2019/02/28

Thanks in advance for any replies and I'll go ahead and apologize for slow responses.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Yeah from what I've heard, it's a very small office located at Hornby street in Downtown and I guess they are overwhelmed. You should be getting the request pretty soon.
Thank you my friend! I hope so!!!

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Finally got my interview request today ( after 8.5 months) at the Vancouver office. This thread has been a ray of hope through this long wait. Many thanks and good luck to all!

Timeline below:

FSW-I
AOR: July 24, 2018
Medicals passed & IP2: August 15, 2018
Application Approved : Feb 28th, 2019 ( According to GCMS notes)
Landing interview Notice: Apr 8th, 2019
Landing Interview date: May 8th, 2019

Cheers
Congratulations GV58!

Reactions: gv58

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hello everyone! :) After weeks of being silent, I received the beautiful landing interview email today. I was teary-eyed at work lol. Couldn't believe it was happening.

Just wanted to thank this thread for everything - the inspiration, the hope, the camaraderie. You all have been a wonderful bunch - the happiest, positive, kind and loving group of people I have met in this forum :) Thank you to the seniors for all that you do and @cansha for starting this thread and to each and everyone who all have been part of this journey. Most especially, thank you God for all the blessings. :)

To everyone still waiting - be hopeful and believe. Be proactive, order GCMS notes and if you have questions on your file, send additional documents. What I have learned from Montreal Visa Office, is to make sure you have everything - complete documents, correct explanation and GCMS notes information. You all are doing great and in time, you will receive the beautiful letter and PR approval :)