+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hello. This is normal. I ordered my second GCMS notes and there was a text on the confirmation email which I am copying below. The last one’s really in bold which I think they really want to let everyone know. Just wait until the end of the day and follow up after you reach the 32nd day. All the best. Text below:

“Please note that due to the volume of requests that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processes, it is not unusual for responses to be sent late in the day of the due date.”

And also this- Due to the large volume of requests that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) receives, please wait until after 31 calendar days has passed before submitting a status request with your tracking number.”

Saw this as well. Thanks cad143.

Reactions: cad143

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Congratulations to guys who got their PR these days! I can imagine the relief and excitement you must feel!
Bravo, and good luck with everything that's coming your way!

I do have a question regarding my situation, though.
Here's info:
FSW-Inland, 2 applicants
VO Montreal
CRS: 462 (round min. 441)
AOR: 25 Sep, 2018
Estimated completion date: 25 Mar, 2019
Medical passed/ IP2/ Last update: 23 Oct, 2018
Call agent data (6 March, 2019): Eligibility - RR, Criminality - in process, Security - not started + to call back after 13 Jul, 2019
GCMS: requested 26th Feb, 2019 (should receive sometimes by the end of March)

In regards to the conversation I had with CIC agent yesterday, I've asked is there any specific reason why was 13th July dated as time I could/should call back, the agent said there's none. He, of course, added that they are overwhelmed, but also that should keep checking my profile and react if something changes/additional info is requested.
My partner and I are currently in Canada on our extended visitor record statuses/visas, which will expire soon - we are thinking about going back to our homecountry, notifying CIC about the change of address and simply wait for the PR to be concluded while we are there.
We should get our first GCMS (thanks to the suggestions of good folks from this forum) a week after our estimated completion date - lol / crying - and will try our best and proactivlly submit additional documents or explanation to whatever the reason is for our eligibility is review required.
We even thought about (both of us) applying for another Working Holiday (one year open work permit) from back home (dependant already started her app and needs to do the biometrics for the continuation of the WH process), and if we do get the visas, we would go back to Canada, and work till the final decision for the PR app would be made.

I would appreciate tremendously if someone could confirm whether going back home would jeopardize possible positive outcome to our application? Or would it just prolong the processing time?
Has anyone ever lost their status as primary applicant while being in Canada/ waited for PR process to be completed, and was there negative consequence?
I am aware that every case is different/ depending on the reasons for RR, but I would regain my sanity if I could have some confirmation that although you/ someone had their application in RR, they did get PR in the end?
Has anyone ever gotten WH permit while having their PR app in process, and then successfully got PR?

I am terrified.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: FindingAtm

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Congratulations to guys who got their PR these days! I can imagine the relief and excitement you must feel!
Bravo, and good luck with everything that's coming your way!

I do have a question regarding my situation, though.
Here's info:
FSW-Inland, 2 applicants
VO Montreal
CRS: 462 (round min. 441)
AOR: 25 Sep, 2018
Estimated completion date: 25 Mar, 2019
Medical passed/ IP2/ Last update: 23 Oct, 2018
Call agent data (6 March, 2019): Eligibility - RR, Criminality - in process, Security - not started + to call back after 13 Jul, 2019
GCMS: requested 26th Feb, 2019 (should receive sometimes by the end of March)

In regards to the conversation I had with CIC agent yesterday, I've asked is there any specific reason why was 13th July dated as time I could/should call back, the agent said there's none. He, of course, added that they are overwhelmed, but also that should keep checking my profile and react if something changes/additional info is requested.
My partner and I are currently in Canada on our extended visitor record statuses/visas, which will expire soon - we are thinking about going back to our homecountry, notifying CIC about the change of address and simply wait for the PR to be concluded while we are there.
We should get our first GCMS (thanks to the suggestions of good folks from this forum) a week after our estimated completion date - lol / crying - and will try our best and proactivlly submit additional documents or explanation to whatever the reason is for our eligibility is review required.
We even thought about (both of us) applying for another Working Holiday (one year open work permit) from back home (dependant already started her app and needs to do the biometrics for the continuation of the WH process), and if we do get the visas, we would go back to Canada, and work till the final decision for the PR app would be made.

I would appreciate tremendously if someone could confirm whether going back home would jeopardize possible positive outcome to our application? Or would it just prolong the processing time?
Has anyone ever lost their status as primary applicant while being in Canada/ waited for PR process to be completed, and was there negative consequence?
I am aware that every case is different/ depending on the reasons for RR, but I would regain my sanity if I could have some confirmation that although you/ someone had their application in RR, they did get PR in the end?
Has anyone ever gotten WH permit while having their PR app in process, and then successfully got PR?

I am terrified.
Thanks for reading.
Leaving the country wouldn’t impact your application negatively or even positively. It will proceed on its own pace so no impact.

On the question whether people have received PPR after RR then the pages of this forum are filled with numerous stories of that sort where people got PPR after RR.

I can’t comment on the WH visa. The only risk you have is they reject that visa on basis of dual intent since your PR application is in process but again that wouldn’t impact PR process in anyway. If they accept the application also it won’t impacy your application in anyway and you can be in Canada while waiting for your PR.

Reactions: kruhiputar and tobs

temiflo

Mar 7, 2019
Hi all, please does anyone have the contact email address for Montreal Visa Office? 48 days left for me, even though the CIC agent says all is well with my application.
Thanks

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
So in case if anyone follows my case, I had a review required on my eligibility where the case analyst deducted points for my Job Offer where it didn't say that it is for one year. I had the HR write confirmation letter saying that they intend to keep employing me as long as I am legally allowed to work in Canada. And today got a ghost update. Called the CIC and they said that the Eligibility is Pass. So hopefully PPR is not too far away either:).
Keep strong people!

Reactions: cad143

temiflo

Mar 7, 2019
So in case if anyone follows my case, I had a review required on my eligibility where the case analyst deducted points for my Job Offer where it didn't say that it is for one year. I had the HR write confirmation letter saying that they intend to keep employing me as long as I am legally allowed to work in Canada. And today got a ghost update. Called the CIC and they said that the Eligibility is Pass. So hopefully PPR is not too far away either:).
Keep strong people!
Congrats in advance.