+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Well the agent said mine would only be out by June... but I'm thinking now she may have meant PR, not the request letter. I hope that's what she meant. If so, based on the process, yeah mine should be really close... assuming that RCMP certificate request doesn't interfere with it
Did you get your BOWP? You're just two days ahead of me. Inland, today's our 7th monthsary lol :p Just wish we hear from them sooner. Positive thoughts for us Inland peeps!

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
The ppr letter does not mention Montreal anywhere though. It just says Ottawa
My PPR letter shows Montreal as PO.
On the Annex A which is the last page of the letter it shows P.O : Montreal immigration.
If yours shows Ottawa then it was probably transferred from Montreal to Ottawa in January. That's if you say your gcms of Feb 25 which is technically gcms of January showed Montreal as your primary office

Reactions: cansha

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
It varies then....the First PPR letter I got when my file was at the CIO did not state that. I only got to know that my file never left the CIO then because of the Email address I was told to contact if I want to update my application to include my spouse
On the Annex A which is the last page of the letter it shows P.O : Montreal immigration.
If yours shows Ottawa then it was probably transferred from Montreal to Ottawa in January. That's if you say your gcms of Feb 25 which is technically gcms of January showed Montreal as your primary office

sk987

Mar 6, 2019
Makes sen
It varies then....the First PPR letter I got when my file was at the CIO did not state that. I only got to know that my file never left the CIO then because of the Email address I was told to contact if I want to update my application to include my spouse
Mine is PO : Ottawa IRCC. Makes sense. May be september AORs are transfered back to Ottawa due to high backlog in Montreal.

Reactions: Adeife23

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Congratulations to all who got ppr today! So September guys got lucky then! I think Montreal might have transferred September files back to Ottawa. I am aug 25 aor here still waiting, might be part of the last batch waiting then. Looking at the trend, the timeline for Montreal went from 6 months to 7 months now and it keeps increasing, so by the time they reach my application it will be 7.5 months? I seriously hope I am wrong and we all get ppr soon. Fed up by this wait.

Reactions: cansha and RR9187

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Congratulations to all who got ppr today! So September guys got lucky then! I think Montreal might have transferred September files back to Ottawa. I am aug 25 aor here still waiting, might be part of the last batch waiting then. Looking at the trend, the timeline for Montreal went from 6 months to 7 months now and it keeps increasing, so by the time they reach my application it will be 7.5 months? I seriously hope I am wrong and we all get ppr soon. Fed up by this wait.
I seriously hope they transfer all the files to other VOs and just relax :rolleyes:

Reactions: cad143 and rheng

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
My AOR is Aug 4th and my case hasn't been touched since Oct 23rd, just so you know haha