+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes that is probably it. Did you open it and see passport request?
I just got a request letter myself. Is this it??!!
the status still says we are reviewing your eligibility and will let you know once the final decision is being made .
Can someone plz tell me ASAP . thanks !

Reactions: Adeife23

bkhan88

Jan 25, 2018
Yess...i did. Thats how it starts like.....
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email......."
I never saw this letter before, so not sure if this is what people call as the PPR or what ?
it def seems like one to me...but cuz of the final decision still under process and eligibility,

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email......."
I never saw this letter before, so not sure if this is what people call as the PPR or what ?
it def seems like one to me...but cuz of the final decision still under process and eligibility,
That is the Golden Email! Congrats/

Reactions: M_A and Adeife23

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
it might taken them few days to get the system updated. but particularly you should see your cic account application status updated within 24 hours.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Guuuuuuys,

I just got PPR. I would come back to write out my timeline. I am still in shock

Meanwhile Cansha has to be a wizard. He said I would get PPR in the week of the 15th.
@Adeife23 heartiest congratulations dear, best of luck with everything, so happy for you.. I should join you soon, keep me in ur prayers..

Reactions: Adeife23 and Axwell

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Guuuuuuys,

Meanwhile Cansha has to be a wizard. He said I would get PPR in the week of the 15th.
Woo hoo ! congratulations @Adeife23. that was one fantastic news! I was expecting this week would be your week and bam here it is ! after all the wait and struggle you must be feeling outta this world right now.
for the rest of us, at least we now know they are processing July 24th files.
So @Adeife23, 198 days post aor yeah ? and how did you get your notification via email or via the portal ? did your review required come into play anywhere with ADR's ?

speaking of @cansha roulette is his game :p and his hometown is vegas lol.
Well i really hope what @cansha said comes true in my case as well Feb 19th lol :p:D eagerly waiting.

parts007

Oct 12, 2018
Woo hoo ! congratulations @Adeife23. that was one fantastic news! I was expecting this week would be your week and bam here it is ! after all the wait and struggle you must be feeling outta this world right now.
for the rest of us, at least we now know they are processing July 24th files.
So @Adeife23, 198 days post aor yeah ? and how did you get your notification via email or via the portal ? did your review required come into play anywhere with ADR's ?

speaking of @cansha roulette is his game :p and his hometown is vegas lol.
Well i really hope what @cansha said comes true in my case as well Feb 19th lol :p:D eagerly waiting.
Congratulations, it’s really nice to see you get your PPR at this time.

Reactions: Adeife23

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Congratulations!. What is the date of the letter? 4 pprs if you got it today

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
So @Axwell .. how is our list by now, Since U started listing us , we are coming out of it in a perfectly sequential way.. who is remaining now?

Favored2019

Jan 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
Sept 4
Guuuuuuys,

Congratulations!!!

bkhan88

Jan 25, 2018
Congratulations!. What is the date of the letter? 4 pprs if you got it today
the date on the letter says 12th February. very eventful day it has been for Montreal.

So my AOR was 16th July. Medicals passed 2nd August. No movement, i ordered GCMS notes ...received them around 8th Jan and saw that there was a review required as my work experience letter didn't have any salary details mentioned. The analyst couldn't figure out if it was a paid job or not.

I proactively asked a salary letter from my former employee which they sent me and submitted it subsequently through CSE on 4th February.
Then again, no movement and i just ordered another set of GCMS notes on 10th February.....and today my status was updated to 'we are processing your background check'. After few hours, i got the passport request letter , although the status still remains as we will let u know once the final decsion is being made.

Quite a journey it has been. !!

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
Hey guys, I'm gonna keep it short and sweet. I finally got my PPR today (I won't be nagging about long waits as I was 3 days short of 7 months).
I checked my CIC account (for the 100000000000000000000000000000000th time since AoR) and got 'updated' status (no email received) at 10.00 ET. and I saw that my background check has started. At 10.20 ET I get an email indicating that I have a new msg in by portal.
Good luck to everyone and I wish you speedy PPRs.

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I just got a request letter myself. Is this it??!!
the status still says we are reviewing your eligibility and will let you know once the final decision is being made .
Can someone plz tell me ASAP . thanks !
It happened with me too. I wasn't sure if this is what it is. I reread the letter many times to make sure this is what it is. My status still shows "application under process". Hopefully it will change once they stamp my visa for COPR.