+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent as I am 10 days over my 6 months. She said Eligibility not done, Background not done, security not done, criminality done but nothing to worry... :D:D.....Stupid agents.....My GCMS notes 3 months ago had "Eligibility Passed"....hahah.... don't know what to do....
I think yours must be around the corner now as July 16 and 18th were getting it last week. Coming week probably will be sweet in your case.

Reactions: abhi1701

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey, I was wondering (and maybe I've made an oversight somewhere along this thread) - have you/we draw the conclusion that certain types of applications/ applicants/ files that are complicated in any way or somehow specific, tend to go to Montreal or is it random distribution? Is there a "reason" why a file would go there for processing rather than to any other VO?
I was trying to find some info on the specifics of Montreal VO and I couldn't find any that would suggest such theory would be right.
Thanks for your insights.
Random allocation

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent as I am 10 days over my 6 months. She said Eligibility not done, Background not done, security not done, criminality done but nothing to worry... :D:D.....Stupid agents.....My GCMS notes 3 months ago had "Eligibility Passed"....hahah.... don't know what to do....
Elligibility not started may mean that your PPR is very close. Agent told someone on WA two days before PPR that his elligibility had not started. He knew his elligibility was RR before that call. So it looks like when it is updated before PPR they change the status to not started.
So fingers crossed...hope it means PPR is close for you too. Considering your AOR it is a possibility

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Yeah all us or inland candidates. I said random in terms of supposed file complexity.
Um not a US resident nor a past one..& Um here!

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hey, I was wondering (and maybe I've made an oversight somewhere along this thread) - have you/we draw the conclusion that certain types of applications/ applicants/ files that are complicated in any way or somehow specific, tend to go to Montreal or is it random distribution? Is there a "reason" why a file would go there for processing rather than to any other VO?
I was trying to find some info on the specifics of Montreal VO and I couldn't find any that would suggest such theory would be right.
Thanks for your insights.
I disagree

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
In fact um starting to like Montreal..that was a syndrome called Stockholm :rolleyes:

Reactions: kruhiputar

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Elligibility not started may mean that your PPR is very close. Agent told someone on WA two days before PPR that his elligibility had not started. He knew his elligibility was RR before that call. So it looks like when it is updated before PPR they change the status to not started.
So fingers crossed...hope it means PPR is close for you too. Considering your AOR it is a possibility
Maybe ....we can only wait and watch....

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
At least you guys have some info. Mine is in Winnipeg and not a single shred of info about their processing. Only for citizenship and slow as hell with that too!