+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Hi, fellow prisoners of Montreal,
My mind is a total mush from all the scrolling and searching for any positive inland related info, so here I am sharing my pain/ keepin' the thread of torture alive.
This is my partner's and mine data:

FSW program - Inland
Primary + dependant
CRS: 462 (round minimum 441)
AoR: Sep. 25, 2018
Medical passed: Oct. 23, 2018
Estimated final: Mar. 25, 2019 (of course), 53 days to go
No biometrics request. No additional doc.
No ghost updates, no additional emails.
RPRF paid during AoR submission.

Current status on CIC profile:
Review of eligibility: Reviewing,
Medical: Passed,
BG: Processing BC check,
FD: App in progress.
(Has been like this for a looong time.)

Fresh info: Talked to an agent today (31st Jan.) -
our application is in Montreal (aka. Doom City) at the moment;
BC status: Eligibility: is being processed, Criminality: in progress (for both of us), Security: to be started.

I asked if there are any notes that we might need or should address, and the agent said no. Should wait for the 6 months, but of course, 6 months might be passed.
(She was very pleasant and lovely, actually! Even said she absolutely understands one needs to know what's happening when one has something in process.)
I haven't asked about the possible VO transfers (if any), or dates of transfer/s.

I am aware loads of applicants, who's AoRs go back months from our's, are still waiting (and my heart goes to them), but I was hoping some of you might have an opinion or an insight to whether we are, 4 months since AoR, barely at the beginning of the process? Is that a sign something is up? Or does the fact that criminality and eligibility are in process means we "passed the basics", which might be good news?
Ah, I know nothing any more.

Till some news come our way, good luck to all.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, fellow prisoners of Montreal,
My mind is a total mush from all the scrolling and searching for any positive inland related info, so here I am sharing my pain/ keepin' the thread of torture alive.
This is my partner's and mine data:

FSW program - Inland
Primary + dependant
CRS: 462 (round minimum 441)
AoR: Sep. 25, 2018
Medical passed: Oct. 23, 2018
Estimated final: Mar. 25, 2019 (of course), 53 days to go
No biometrics request. No additional doc.
No ghost updates, no additional emails.

Current status on CIC profile:
Review of eligibility: Reviewing,
Medical: Passed,
BG: Processing BC check,
FD: App in progress.
(Has been like this for a looong time.)

Fresh info: Talked to an agent today (31st Jan.) -
our application is in Montreal (aka. Doom City) at the moment;
BC status: Eligibility: is being processed, Criminality: in progress (for both of us), Security: to be started.

I asked if there are any notes that we might need or should address, and the agent said no. Should wait for the 6 months, but of course, 6 months might be passed.
(She was very pleasant and lovely, actually! Even said she absolutely understands one needs to know what's happening when one has something in process.)
I haven't asked about the possible VO transfers (if any), or dates of transfer/s.

I am aware loads of applicants, who's AoRs go back months from our's, are still waiting (and my heart goes to them), but I was hoping some of you might have an opinion or an insight to whether we are, 4 months since AoR, barely at the beginning of the process? Is that a sign something is up? Or does the fact that criminality and eligibility are in process means we "passed the basics", which might be good news?
Ah, I know nothing any more.

Till some news come our way, good luck to all.
Nothing is up really. Given your AOR you need to wait till March at a minimum. You should order GCMS notes to know more about your application.

mlele

Jan 28, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
23-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-07-2018
If you want to join the WA group. PM @Adeife23 your WA phone number and she will add you in. but please confirm first if your application is at Montreal Visa Office.
Got rhe following email after posting an enquiry after 6 month mark.

· Your application was received on July 23, 2018 and it is currently located at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.

Reactions: tuitui509

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Have just received a reply to the raised CSE ,
and got the reply :
"We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Are the two the same?
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
and
CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING

PPR letter i received says to send to first listed name, but it is too long to fit in the fedex contact name.
Assuming people already sent to the second one without issues

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Have just received a reply to the raised CSE ,
and got the reply :
"We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
this is the generic template from Carl Antoine, agent 4339. it does not show anything

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Are the two the same?
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
and
CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING

PPR letter i received says to send to first listed name, but it is too long to fit in the fedex contact name.
Assuming people already sent to the second one without issues
I just used CPCO - PR Visa .. the next line is useless.

Reactions: maverick1982

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent as I am 10 days over my 6 months. She said Eligibility not done, Background not done, security not done, criminality done but nothing to worry... :D:D.....Stupid agents.....My GCMS notes 3 months ago had "Eligibility Passed"....hahah.... don't know what to do....

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Hey, I was wondering (and maybe I've made an oversight somewhere along this thread) - have you/we draw the conclusion that certain types of applications/ applicants/ files that are complicated in any way or somehow specific, tend to go to Montreal or is it random distribution? Is there a "reason" why a file would go there for processing rather than to any other VO?
I was trying to find some info on the specifics of Montreal VO and I couldn't find any that would suggest such theory would be right.
Thanks for your insights.

Last edited: