+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
Mine was transferred on the same day as @Mavericks i.e. 23rd August and our AOR is same. Though i am still waiting.
I guess another thing to consider here is no of applicants as Mavericks is a single applicant and we are three. Additionaly, I received ITA on 25th June where as Mavericks got on 13th i guess. we can discard the ITA date logic as it should not have any impact. Though that number of applicants theory should be a factor with these Montreal guys as seems they preferred to process smaller file\case first.
@Mavericks Though i already wished you on WA group, congrats again here as well :D cheers!
Im in the same 23 August Montreal batch.

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Mine was transferred on the same day as @Mavericks i.e. 23rd August and our AOR is same. Though i am still waiting.
I guess another thing to consider here is no of applicants as Mavericks is a single applicant and we are three. Additionaly, I received ITA on 25th June where as Mavericks got on 13th i guess. we can discard the ITA date logic as it should not have any impact. Though that number of applicants theory should be a factor with these Montreal guys as seems they preferred to process smaller file\case first.
@Mavericks Though i already wished you on WA group, congrats again here as well :D cheers!
I agree number of applicants maybe another variable to consider. Montreal kind of makes it hard to predict anything. Not much data and we don't know the actual variables to consider. If Maverick's ITA was Jun 13th, I am in the same boat. Considering its batch processing, my timeline in terms of ITA, R10, and file moved to montreal is same with what Maverick mentioned. Not sure about date of eligibility. As per GCMS notes, the last notes by Analyst at Montreal, where it says Recommend Pass, is on 09/12/18. Although, number of applicants in my case is 2.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I agree number of applicants maybe another variable to consider. Montreal kind of makes it hard to predict anything. Not much data and we don't know the actual variables to consider. If Maverick's ITA was Jun 13th, I am in the same boat. Considering its batch processing, my timeline in terms of ITA, R10, and file moved to montreal is same with what Maverick mentioned. Not sure about date of eligibility. As per GCMS notes, the last notes by Analyst at Montreal, where it says Recommend Pass, is on 09/12/18. Although, number of applicants in my case is 2.
My ita was actually July 11. My first application was cancelled. My brother is in Quebec and I wanted to land there , they said apply to Quebec stream .. so I had to reapply .This time I'm going to Alberta or Ontario. Never had intentionof staying in Quebec but since brother was there I had put that as landing first time..

Last edited:
Reactions: sam.m

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Montreal has started processing August files. Someone on WA announced PPR yesterday. AOR August 3rd. I am not sure whether to be happy about that or not. But yeah, happy for him. Now I understad what june guys must have felt seeing them start with July files without gettting PPR

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
My ita was actually July 11. My first application was cancelled. My brother is in Quebec and I wanted to land there , they said apply to Quebec stream .. so I had to reapply .This time I'm going to Alberta or Ontario. Never had intentionof staying in Quebec but since brother was there I had put that as landing first time..
Oh..okay.

@Adeife23 Mix of happy and sad feeling when I read about August person receiving PPR.

Reactions: Adeife23

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Montreal has started processing August files. Someone on WA announced PPR yesterday. AOR August 3rd. I am not sure whether to be happy about that or not. But yeah, happy for him. Now I understad what june guys must have felt seeing them start with July files without gettting PPR
If I remember right, that person had spouse included so 2 people.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well then they are following their trend. I guess I posted sometime ago that some August first week candidates may get PPR in this week. If this person had ordered GCMS notes ask him / her about date file moved to Montreal, date R10 check etc.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Well then they are following their trend. I guess I posted sometime ago that some August first week candidates may get PPR in this week. If this person had ordered GCMS notes ask him / her about date file moved to Montreal, date R10 check etc.
I think he was asked on WA yeterday but responded and said he didnt know how to check the dates

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
True that you predicted it. How is it that they follow that trend but they don't follow the dates chronologically

Reactions: M_A

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
I am officially of the "20% whose application is taking them longer.."
My status bar changed, with no change in the outer profile status (still "submitted").
Definitely my application is a straight forward one, I'm a single applicant, no travel history at all, only 2 work places that are easy to verify, with no criminal records at all.
Obviously my application has nothing to do with the delay.
Raised a cse , where I couldn't help but to write 2 somehow emotional sentences..
GCMS are supposed to be delivered by feb 14th.
Nothing else to be done, will just hold off ,God knows for how long.

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha