+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Joining the Montreal visa office club. July 12, 2018 AOR, still in "IP1." Will hit the 6-month mark this weekend. FSW-O, family of 3 from US.

Got our first set of GCMS notes today that show eligibility review required and file is with Montreal. Medicals passed, security and criminality not started, info sharing complete (whatever that means). Eligibility review due to a 14-year-old DUI of my wife's that was dismissed in court (note: two glasses of wine at dinner will do it....). Crossing our fingers given the new DUI rules that might require a tedious, uncertain, and drawn-out rehabilitation process.

It sounds like they're making their way though the June files? Is that right? Anyone watching this kind of thing care to estimate how someone in our situation should expect to wait for final answer?

Congrats to everyone that has started to receive PPR's recently. Hoping to join that club sooner rather than later too.
Welcome to the thread! They are actually in to July month already and have started sending out PPRs to July. Given your situation it is difficult for me to comment on potential timing for PPR. But, in the past Review Required cases have not been delayed in Montreal. But most of these were RR either for stat question or for work ex related documents. Your case is unique and new for me.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I still have not gotten my PPR yet :(. but only planning to drive as soon as my COPR and passport arrives. I might not be able to coordinate as I have a big a$$ mini van and a 5X8 Trailer which my wife and I will take turn to drive until we across the boarder.
That's cool. Good luck to you buddy!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Once again Thank You All!
Well all the nasty messages that may have come from me aside (and i have apologized for that earlier), many congratulations. I am really very happy for you and wish you all the best for your future in Canada :)

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Finally Cansha!!! I’m overjoyed for you. I can only imagine the relief you feel. It has really been a long journey but a rewarding one. Congratulations buddy and all the best in the future. Thanks for encouraging everyone to order GCMS notes :)and all the useful advice.

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
@cansha woohoo! that is a fantastic news today! Very happy for you and congratulations. Thank you for your support and guiding folks on most of their queries. Thankful to you for creating this thread for montreal folks as without this we kinda would be in total dark not knowing whats happening with our application. Please do continue to support this forum as and when you get a chance, if you get a chance , as i know you will get busy with moving preparations. All the very best to you in your endeavors in Canada!

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Finally Cansha!!! I’m overjoyed for you. I can only imagine the relief you feel. It has really been a long journey but a rewarding one. Congratulations buddy and all the best in the future. Thanks for encouraging everyone to order GCMS notes :)and all the useful advice.
Thanks buddy. Yeah it has indeed been quite a long one. And longer than I expected. And to be honest incredibly difficult since December.

Now praying for everyone who is waiting from April May June. And hoping that July onwards guys don’t have to go through longer waits than 6 months.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha woohoo! that is a fantastic news today! Very happy for you and congratulations. Thank you for your support and guiding folks on most of their queries. Thankful to you for creating this thread for montreal folks as without this we kinda would be in total dark not knowing whats happening with our application. Please do continue to support this forum as and when you get a chance, if you get a chance , as i know you will get busy with moving preparations. All the very best to you in your endeavors in Canada!
Thank you so much. I’m going to be here. I’m not really worried about move that much. My guess is move from US to Canada is probably not that difficult compared to moving from some more remote part of the world. I hope I’m right. In any case I’ll stick around and always available.

bazingaaa

Oct 17, 2018
Montreal Folks!

Hearty Congratulations ! Best news of the New Year :)

Reactions: cansha

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hello Everyone. Congratulations to those who got their PPRs! So happy for you all.
Glad I saw this thread. After inquiring through CSE and GCMS notes, I found out our file was transferred to Montreal.
August AOR here. To everyone in this thread - Thanks for inspiring us all!

Reactions: Adeife23

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Looks like Montreal dedicated the whole day to issuing only Cansha's PPR, being that he was the Chief founder of the Montreal thread
looking forward to yours.

Reactions: phoenixsong