+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I call either Andhra Cafe[Sorry I meant andhra mess] or Chennai Cafe. We need a planned get together to share notes on landing and settling in.

Anyone planned soft landing? I know probably June ones are getting closer to the medical exam date.
Hopefully, everything will fall in place and we all have our PPRs.

Reactions: Adeife23

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I wonder how much money is going to flow out of US to Canada. Hopefully all of the people are loaded here and will enrich Canada. It will definitely put some sense into the US once theres a recession as I expect much larger group of people moving out , many with PR are playing waiting game now
just my humble opinion. The number will be not be as big as you thought it would be. Would there be impact, of course. But reality is that 8 out of 10 PR in Canada will be soft landing. After landing they will get their PR card, SIN and come back to US, those are who would like to have a backup plan in case US immigration goes haywire in the future. That is why Canada lower its requirement to 2 of 5 years to maintain PR status, to attract more US temporary Residence to consider Canada as an option.

You are correct they are trying to attract more talent and money from the US. but because of the money and opportunity of US, most people wont permanently move to Canada until US immigration is unbearable.

The 8 out of 10 is only a wild guess, only IRCC would have the hard number and statistics. but that 2 out of 10 has already pushing Canada's workforce and economy.

JMHO

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hopefully, everything will fall in place and we all have our PPRs.
I got pissed off that I could not land earlier because of Montreal but at least I dont have to deal with 1 less winter in Toronto.
I used to live 7 hours south of Winnipeg for 10 years, I got used to cold. I sure hope you are ready for some real winter.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Have to agree.

just my humble opinion. The number will be not be as big as you thought it would be. Would there be impact, of course. But reality is that 8 out of 10 PR in Canada will be soft landing. After landing they will get their PR card, SIN and come back to US, those are who would like to have a backup plan in case US immigration goes haywire in the future. That is why Canada lower its requirement to 2 of 5 years to maintain PR status, to attract more US temporary Residence to consider Canada as an option.

You are correct they are trying to attract more talent and money from the US. but because of the money and opportunity of US, most people wont permanently move to Canada until US immigration is unbearable.

The 8 out of 10 is only a wild guess, only IRCC would have the hard number and statistics. but that 2 out of 10 has already pushing Canada's workforce and economy.

JMHO

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Once again Thank You All!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Awesome. Congratulations! Appreciate all your help in reducing our stress here. Your presence will be needed in the future as well

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I call either Andhra Cafe[Sorry I meant andhra mess] or Chennai Cafe. We need a planned get together to share notes on landing and settling in.

Anyone planned soft landing? I know probably June ones are getting closer to the medical exam date.
Will do a permanent move in March/April/Early May..

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Montreal Folks!

Finally, Awesome! Congratulations buddy!!!!!

Reactions: cansha

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Montreal Folks!

this is teary @cansha , & we can't thank U enough for making it easier for us through this virtual form of communication.My heartiest congratulations