+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hello All,

My appmication is also getting processed at Montreal Office. Just got off the phone with a lady who said the following:
VO : Montreal
Eligibility: under review
Security: not started
Background: not started

My timeline is:
AoR : 19th June 2018
Med/IP1: 26th June 2018
NO UPDATES SINCE THEN.
Welcome to the club! what is your country of residence?

Reactions: canadadream26

ValuationGuy

Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,

My case is being processed in Montreal as well. Got a response via web request form confirming this. My AoR is July and looking at the pending AoRs in this thread, looks like i'll have to wait for a while.

AoR: July 12th
Medicals & IP1: July 31st
RPRF: September 7th
FSW-O from USA

I did get a request for RPRF letter on September 7th. Did anyone waiting on IP1 get it?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello All,

My appmication is also getting processed at Montreal Office. Just got off the phone with a lady who said the following:
VO : Montreal
Eligibility: under review
Security: not started
Background: not started

My timeline is:
AoR : 19th June 2018
Med/IP1: 26th June 2018
NO UPDATES SINCE THEN.
Are you FSW-O? Did you clarify if it's review required?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,

My case is being processed in Montreal as well. Got a response via web request form confirming this. My AoR is July and looking at the pending AoRs in this thread, looks like i'll have to wait for a while.

AoR: July 12th
Medicals & IP1: July 31st
RPRF: September 7th
FSW-O from USA

I did get a request for RPRF letter on September 7th. Did anyone waiting on IP1 get it?
Welcome to the club! Brace yourself for a long wait.

Reactions: canadadream26

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
Okay. I'm amazed that most of the people who called CIC and had file in Montreal got the same answer. It's crazy they take so long to even make eligibility recommended pass.
I have clean travel history and based on the threads of feb/march 2018 I was very hopeful to get mine PPR within 100 days. IP1 came in right in 1 week time telling me I was right and then Montreal happened!
Earlier the wait was exciting Now, the wait has become boring. Anyways, thanks for creating this thread after reading this thread, all the time I was wishing I should not hear Montreal today but Montreal happened!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have clean travel history and based on the threads of feb/march 2018 I was very hopeful to get mine PPR within 100 days. IP1 came in right in 1 week time telling me I was right and then Montreal happened!
Earlier the wait was exciting Now, the wait has become boring. Anyways, thanks for creating this thread after reading this thread, all the time I was wishing I should not hear Montreal today but Montreal happened!
I understand. My application is relatively simple too. My friend who had 98% similar application to me got PPR within a month. His visa office was Ottawa. I was like I will atleast get in say 2 months then I called and asked my visa office. At the time I had not heard of Montreal being mentioned anywhere. Then I started looking for people in similar situation ... LOL.... Our current working theory was that Montreal works but around 4 month mark. But now some of our friends here are going to touch the 5th month mark. So just hoping they see some action on their application. That will be a good sign for all of us.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just remembered that when I called, the agent said "The Review of your Eligibility has not started". What's review of Eligibility?
I asked if it was recommended pass, and he said - "no, it has not started".

Not sure what to make of this...
Review of eligibility is I think when case analyst reviews documents and he makes and observation whether "recommended pass" or "review required". I think in your case no one had worked on eligibility. But this is not surprising. One member who had ordered GCMS notes after 2/3 month mark had found that there was no action taken on his application in the 2/3 months. I was told the same thing when I had called after 45 days of my AOR. Now after 2.5 months I ordered my first set of GCMS notes to see if there is any progress on application or not. I finish 3 month mark on 19th Sep and will get notes by 3/4 Oct. I'm planning to order second set of notes after a week I receive the first set of notes.

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Review of eligibility is I think when case analyst reviews documents and he makes and observation whether "recommended pass" or "review required". I think in your case no one had worked on eligibility. But this is not surprising. One member who had ordered GCMS notes after 2/3 month mark had found that there was no action taken on his application in the 2/3 months. I was told the same thing when I had called after 45 days of my AOR. Now after 2.5 months I ordered my first set of GCMS notes to see if there is any progress on application or not. I finish 3 month mark on 19th Sep and will get notes by 3/4 Oct. I'm planning to order second set of notes after a week I receive the first set of notes.
Thanks for explaining! Typical of Montreal VO I think... :(

mm062

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Everyone - Late on the thread, but my VO is also Montreal. AOR is Apr 28 (Medical Cleared May 7), with first GCMS notes ordered on Jun 22 (no movement post medical) & second ordered on Aug 28.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone - Late on the thread, but my VO is also Montreal. AOR is Apr 28 (Medical Cleared May 7), with first GCMS notes ordered on Jun 22 (no movement post medical) & second ordered on Aug 28.
Thanks for sharing. So this is another case from Montreal where application was untouched for two months post AOR. It's pretty disheartening but seems like this is how Montreal operates. Just doesn't do anything till two month mark .do share your findings from next set of notes. I don't know what happened to them in last week of April. Most cases we have are from last week of April .