+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the late reply. So, everything is still stuck in the eligibility section. However, it shows my criminality is passed (that's new). So, I think my file is waiting for someone to look over it :(and/or it's been lost amidst piles of files.

I'm giving it a month after that I'm planning to withdraw my file and reapply. I found many people who had done that and received their PR in a month or so (In-land applicants).

Thank you,
Aakash

CRS:540
AIR: 21st of Feb.2018
Medical Passed: 7th of March
IP2: 7th July-ish
PPR: Waiting
Thanks for sharing @Arpatel91. It is interesting that they did your criminality review before eligibility. I was under the impression the criminality check is done after eligibility. Also I'm hearing of this withdrawing and reapplying for the first time. May be something inland applicants do often. I haven't seen an outland candidate mention that. I hope it doesn't come to that. Not sure if raising a CSE will help given that your AOR is from Feb and hence 6 months are up.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the late reply. So, everything is still stuck in the eligibility section. However, it shows my criminality is passed (that's new). So, I think my file is waiting for someone to look over it :(and/or it's been lost amidst piles of files.

I'm giving it a month after that I'm planning to withdraw my file and reapply. I found many people who had done that and received their PR in a month or so (In-land applicants).

Thank you,
Aakash

CRS:540
AIR: 21st of Feb.2018
Medical Passed: 7th of March
IP2: 7th July-ish
PPR: Waiting
What do your notes 1 - 3 say? I think they are in the last few pages. Specifically case analyst and program assistant notes.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
What do your notes 1 - 3 say? I think they are in the last few pages. Specifically case analyst and program assistant notes.
Well, when I received my first note, the analyst had an issue with my NOC number. He believed that my job duties belong to another NOC number. However, both NOC numbers are under the same category "A" so I sent an explanation letter stating you may consider any NOC number as both represent my current position and are not affecting my points.
Second note: It added another note which explicitly stated that my mentioned NOC was correct and acceptable. Eligibility: Under review.
Third Note: Everything remains the same. Eligibility: Under review and Criminality: Passed.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Oh! hopefully it is approved soon.

I didnt know this withdraw and reapply can be an option! wont the previous application have a negative impact on the new one?
Thank you. And, I guess it doesn't impact negatively as you are not cheating or hiding anything.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing @Arpatel91. It is interesting that they did your criminality review before eligibility. I was under the impression the criminality check is done after eligibility. Also I'm hearing of this withdrawing and reapplying for the first time. May be something inland applicants do often. I haven't seen an outland candidate mention that. I hope it doesn't come to that. Not sure if raising a CSE will help given that your AOR is from Feb and hence 6 months are up.
Hi Cansha. I was under the same impression, I guess my 6 months were about to finish hence, they might have started my criminality check. I'm not sure that CSE will help me in any way. It's very frustrating that I can not do anything except waiting.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha. I was under the same impression, I guess my 6 months were about to finish hence, they might have started my criminality check. I'm not sure that CSE will help me in any way. It's very frustrating that I can not do anything except waiting.
Hmm.. I think your application is almost at finish line and a little nudge should result in PPR. Wish you all the best. I'm not sure if CSE will help or not. But I think most of the folks beyond 6 months do raise a CSE with a hope that nudges the application a little. I think given that you are beyond the official timeline there is no harm in raising a CSE.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hmm.. I think your application is almost at finish line and a little nudge should result in PPR. Wish you all the best. I'm not sure if CSE will help or not. But I think most of the folks beyond 6 months do raise a CSE with a hope that nudges the application a little. I think given that you are beyond the official timeline there is no harm in raising a CSE.
There is an enquiry option with the MP if you have exceeded 6 months.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
oh, is he helping in expedition of the file?
No he cant expedite. But he can ask CIC directly about the status of your file. Since you have exceed 6 months, you can contact MP's office in your area and have them enquire about your application. Sometimes its just lazy govt. officers sitting on your file. A nudge from MP's office will make them do their job.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
No he cant expedite. But he can ask CIC directly about the status of your file. Since you have exceed 6 months, you can contact MP's office in your area and have them enquire about your application. Sometimes its just lazy govt. officers sitting on your file. A nudge from MP's office will make them do their job.
That sounds promising. I will try. Thanks for the info. :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Any such option for outland applicants :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Adding a few new cases in the list. And more just to keep this thread on top so that if there are others they join us.

@Arpatel91 AOR 21st Feb Status Eligibility Ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??

@Skesy87 AOR Dec 2017. Eligibility still in queue for Review

@shrey01 AOR 1st March - PPR after 100 days
@rajanshah176 1st March - PPR 25th July 146 days

@ss0592 AOR 3rd March Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@itwarriorkarve AOR 15th April .. PPR (Inland) after ?? days
@Oksamjackson AOR 18th April, IP2 - 26th April
@vish97 AOR 22nd April, Status Eligibility review ongoing GCMS Notes - Ordered 5th August
@smcan2014 AOR 25 April - Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@Srukar AOR 25th Apr Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@annevn8 AOR 25th Apr Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@harjeetm AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@Rijo02 AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@kevinboston AOR 27th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@Arminder_1985 AOR 5th May Status Eligibility Recommended Passed on 12th June BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@Sington AOR 6th May Status Ready To Finalize

@Param90 AOR June 1st Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@pathwaytofreedom AOR 10th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Not ordered
@NandiniAS AOR 10th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered 3rd August
@Y@$h AOR 14 June Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@cansha i.e. me AOR 19th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered 3rd Sep
@phoenixsong AOR 29th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes -
@phaneeswar130

@AmB20 AOR 16th July

Known cases of PPR from Montreal

Shared by @roversam

VO - Montreal
AOR - April 18
Medical Pass - April 18
PPR - August 28
Applicant - Single Indian citizen with CRS of 474

Case mentioned by Vish97 AOR 29th March PPR - 30th July (Case in IP1 throughout)
@itwarriorkarve AOR 15th April .. PPR (Inland)
@rajanshah176 timeline as per his posts is

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25
As per one of his posts on June 11 his eligibility was still under review when he called IRCC.

@shrey01 post on his PPR.
My office was Montreal as well. AoR March 1. FSW-O from USA. It took me 100 days to get the PPR.

Last edited:

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
Hello All,

My appmication is also getting processed at Montreal Office. Just got off the phone with a lady who said the following:
VO : Montreal
Eligibility: under review
Security: not started
Background: not started

My timeline is:
AoR : 19th June 2018
Med/IP1: 26th June 2018
NO UPDATES SINCE THEN.

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
I just remembered that when I called, the agent said "The Review of your Eligibility has not started". What's review of Eligibility?
I asked if it was recommended pass, and he said - "no, it has not started".

Not sure what to make of this...