+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yeah makes sense. Did your earlier notes said anything about eligibility review required? Any issue with stat question?
In my first notes, my eligibility hadn't even started. :D:D

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
In my first notes, my eligibility hadn't even started. :D:D
:):););) ha ha ha .. My notes are 3 weeks away. Now instead of waiting for PPR I'm waiting for notes. I think one of the applicants here had his eligibility recommended pass but no one had touched his file since that in about 2 months.

Reactions: smcan2014

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have similar notes though my file is at CPC-Ottawa. Program assistant at CIO wrote on 3rd July review required for stat question (UK student visa refusal) and criminality recommendation: review required, then on 18th July Case Analyst at CPC-Ottawa probably reviewed it because he put his recommendation as "Recommend Passed". Also in page two under Assessment it says Eligibility: Recommended Pass.
I don't think IRCC has different policies for different visa offices. I am sure your file also will be processed as normal as it happens in Ottawa. Hang in there, by October most of us should be cleared. Good Luck!
@vish97 I don't think you will have any trouble regarding this. Many applicants have ACTUAL visa refusals and not all of their application takes 12 months to complete. I think the junior analyst just wants the senior officer to double check his work. I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:):););) ha ha ha .. My notes are 3 weeks away. Now instead of waiting for PPR I'm waiting for notes. I think one of the applicants here had his eligibility recommended pass but no one had touched his file since that in about 2 months.
I think they just love us too much and want to remember every detail about us and so they keep reading our files again and again until they remember every detail about us by heart. :(

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I think they just love us too much and want to remember every detail about us and so they keep reading our files again and again until they remember every detail about us by heart. :(
Oh, I forgot they can't read English and thus the delay.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
As suspected pretty much everyone at Montreal visa office has been tagged with review required. Definitely not one of those quick 60 to 90 day ppr office.
Not true by any means. Most of the applicant here in this thread including me have had their files originate at Montreal.

Reactions: cansha

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
most of the applicants in this thread have 'review required' as well. its not a normal processing office from what i can tell.
I would agree to your deduction if files were transferred here. Going by what you are saying, IRCC must have an extremely intelligent system that scans through the applicant's file, determines if review would be required or not and if review would be required, routes it to Montreal.

Reactions: cansha

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I would agree to your deduction if files were transferred here. Going by what you are saying, IRCC must have an extremely intelligent system that scans through the applicant's file, determines if review would be required or not and if review would be required, routes it to Montreal.
sure, it could route it based on statutory question 'yes' for visa rejections. doesnt have to be extremely smart to do that.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sure, it could route it based on statutory question 'yes' for visa rejections. doesnt have to be extremely smart to do that.
Only 1 person here has visa rejection

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hey @Arpatel91 ... Did you receive your notes? If possible, could you please share any findings from the notes?
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the late reply. So, everything is still stuck in the eligibility section. However, it shows my criminality is passed (that's new). So, I think my file is waiting for someone to look over it :(and/or it's been lost amidst piles of files.

I'm giving it a month after that I'm planning to withdraw my file and reapply. I found many people who had done that and received their PR in a month or so (In-land applicants).

Thank you,
Aakash

CRS:540
AIR: 21st of Feb.2018
Medical Passed: 7th of March
IP2: 7th July-ish
PPR: Waiting

Last edited:

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the late reply. So, everything is still stuck in the eligibility section. However, it shows my criminality is passed (that's new). So, I think my file is waiting for someone to look over it :(and/or it's been lost amidst piles of files.

I'm giving it a month after that I'm planning to withdraw my file and reapply. I found many people who had done that and received their PR in a month or so (In-land applicants).

Thank you,
Aakash

CRS:540
AIR: 21st of Feb.2018
Medical Passed: 7th of March
IP2: 7th July-ish
PPR: Waiting
Oh! hopefully it is approved soon.

I didnt know this withdraw and reapply can be an option! wont the previous application have a negative impact on the new one?